MiFi 4150L drops connection and freezes when switching from LTE to CDMA
Aussie_boy

Hi,

I travel a lot to New York from Boston and from Boston to Eastern MA. 

I use my MiFi 4150L while moving on the trip (in the car or on the train.)  Whenever I move from an LTE network to a CDMA network my connection stops. The unit light goes from green to violet but my browser page FREEZES and will not load a new page until I reboot the computer and establish a new connection to the MiFi unit. My email stops too.

I don't seem to notice the problem when switching from CDMA to LTE.

I thought that it may be a firmware problem.  The unit has firmware version 2.17.03 and router FW version 02.01. I have looked for upgraded firmware on line but cannot find any.

Please help.

Thanks,

-Mark.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4150L drops connection and freezes when switching from LTE to CDMA
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Aussie_boy,

I understand the importance of staying connected. We are awaiting and update to resolve this issue. Try this as work around: 

1. Connect the Wi-Fi client (e.g. computer) to the MiFi 4510L device wirelessly in Wi-Fi mode.
  2. Open a web browser on the Wi-Fi client, and go to the MiFi 4510L Web 
  3. Go to the WWAN tab.
  4. Click on More at the bottom of the page.
  5. Using the drop down menu change the WWAN Preferred Mode value to 'LTE only'
  6. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page. This will reset the MiFi 4510L device.
  7. Once the device turns back on, it should acquire 4G LTE network. This can be verified by ensuring that the WWAN service LED color is GREEN.
  8. Again, open a web browser on the Wi-Fi client (e.g. computer), and go to the MiFi 4510L device Web UI 
  9. Go to the WWAN tab.
  10. Click on More at the bottom of the page.
  11. Using the drop down menu change the WWAN Preferred Mode value to 'Global'
  12. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page. This will reset the MiFi 4510L device.
  13. Once the device turns back on, it should acquire 4G LTE network. This can be verified by ensuring that the WWAN service LED color is GREEN. 

By applying this temporary solution the MiFi 4510L device should be able to connect to the 4G network again. However,  if you travel to a 3G area and use the MiFi 4510L device to connect to the 3G network, the device can display this issue of not being able to connect to the 4G network once it travels back to a 4G signal area. In this case you  will need to repeat the above temporary solution. Please let me know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you,

0 Likes