MiFi 4510 L
raphere

Have discovered that my new MiFi 4510 L working as a 3G will NOT work on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. Keeps dropping the signal.  My other machines all 32 bit, XP, Vista, & Win 7 Ultimate work fine on this router / network.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510 L
angrymonkey

yep the 4510 and verizon data service are horrible its a nationwide problem from what ive seen and heard, when you go to fed ex to return a verizon device and they already know what it is theres a problem.

0 Likes
KelbyR

I have the same problem, I bought the MiFi device on may 3rd,2011 and it was working perfect, I mean super perfect on my IBM Thinkpad R51 running windows XP SP3 but since I bought my new Lenovo Thinkpad edge e520 running Windows7 64 bit , I have been experiencing disconnects every 2 or 3 minutes, called Verizon techsupport but they could not do anything, after doing research on google for days, I believe the problem is with Windows 7 64bit. noone seems to know how to fix this problem. MiFi 4510L not working with Windows7 64bit.

0 Likes
Deb680
I have been going through the same issue. I just recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and I keep losing my internet connection even though the device says there are 4 bars. I have updated my wireless drivers on laptop but that still didn't fix it. Would it be better to downgrade to Windows 7 32 bit or go back to XP.
0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings community members! Very sorry anyone is having trouble maintaining connection with the 4510. How are you connecting to the MiFi device? Are you using VZ Acces Manager or a 3rd party software?

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Er, Dion, unless there is a firmware update I am not aware of, they can't connect to 4510L using VZ access manager.....

0 Likes
WildcatCop

I have an HP desktop that I bought new with Windows 7 64 bit installed and I have had no problems using my MiFi 4510L with it. I surf the web and use iTunes with no problems at all. I even run an Xbox 360 off of it with no problems either.

0 Likes
WildcatCop

I have noticed that if there are other wireless devices in close proximity it will tend to disconnect on occasion. If there are no other wireless devices around it I have never lost a connection. It may me a coincidence but I thought I would pass it along if your interested.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

deloswilbur wrote:

Er, Dion, unless there is a firmware update I am not aware of, they can't connect to 4510L using VZ access manager.....

Thank you, deloswilbur! It's the very reason this question was asked! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Deb680 wrote:
I have been going through the same issue. I just recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and I keep losing my internet connection even though the device says there are 4 bars. I have updated my wireless drivers on laptop but that still didn't fix it. Would it be better to downgrade to Windows 7 32 bit or go back to XP.

Hi Deb680,

I understand your concerns regarding your internet connection. Since you have updated drivers, I would recommend to do a factory reset on the device to eliminate any possible conflict with previous drivers. Please visit the link below for instructions to perform a factory reset on your device.

Factory Reset - Verizon Wireless MiFi 4510L

0 Likes