MiFi 4510L Upgrade
Deemee

I called yesterday to complain about the Mifi 4510L. I upgraded the device 2 weeks ago hoping that it would solve the constant disconnecting from 4G to 3G and vice versa. After talking to a tech, he said that there was another upgrade today and he sent me the link. I followed the link, tried to upgrade, but when looking at the device version, it looked to be the same as the one I had, 2.16.07. The only thing different was the PRL number.  And after successfully updating it before, this time I got an error code 6 and was unable to update the device.

Is there truly a newer upgrade? And if there is, what am I doing wrong this time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MiFi 4510L Upgrade
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

The firmware updated 2.23 was released sometime yesterday.  See this thread for more information:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-Devices/MiFi-4510L-Firmware-Update-2-23/td-p/714057

0 Likes
jm7150

Running 10.6.8 on an imac. Ran the software update with no problems and also had no change except for the prl to 15073. Is this a Mac thing? If I have to I'll try running it on a PC.

Thanks

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I'm not a Mac guy so I wont comment on that area.  GIve it a shot on the Win PC and let us know how it goes.

The firmware update displays a few more values on the Diagnostics screen...atleast I never noticed some of them before.  My PRL version is 15058 for what its worth.

0 Likes
Deemee

Yesterday I tried downloading the new update from the link I was sent by the tech. It was the same version. Today I searched on the forums and found a direct download and it was the new version 2.23.  However after downloading and flashing sucessfully, I have already dropped the internet connection twice. Obviously this update doesn't correct the disconnecting between 3 and 4G either. This is a nightmare. Of and on , on and off. I need this for business as I travel across the U.S. and it is unreliable :smileysad:

0 Likes
jm7150

I tried downloading the 2.23 update again. This time the correct 2.23 update downloaded. I ran the new update and it bricked my mifi. All is good. I like to talk to the folks at the Verizon store. Next time I'll leave well enough alone.

0 Likes
Deemee

All I  can say, is that as I am trying to type this reply, I have lost connection 3 times. Of course I lost it going from a 1X signal outside Detroit to 4G.

Thanks Verizon for addressing the problem. I didn't think it could get much worse after the first upgrade...I was wrong.

I will be calling tech and CS tomorrow to try and return this useless piece of junk.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

JM,

If your MiFi was bricked by the firmware update process then I would imagine that Verizon would replace it with a new one.  Please let us know how Verizon responds when you ask them about it. 

Did you notice anything go wrong while you were trying to install the update like an error message or application crashing?

0 Likes
ooshnoo

MIne was bricked as well.  Powers on.  Can connect to via WiFi, but the device will not connect to Verizon.  Even got a  new SIM card.

0 Likes
jm7150

Took my MiFi to the Verizon store yesterday. A replacement is due today by FedX. I had no error messages during the update.

0 Likes