MiFi Pro
NRC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very disappointed in the MiFi with Pro account.   by the middle of the month I have used 33 GB out of 50, and I have my computer shut most of the time and am forced to use my phone (on a different verizon account).  and save the hotspot for when i have an emergency.  What kind of service is this?  do I game? No.  do I stream movies?  Maybe 2 on Netflix or Hulu this month.  No other devices on it.  I find it the worst service, I wish I had never  bought the MiFI and am hoping to find another company.   the MiFi just devours the GB even with the computer shut for last two days.   Fed up with it.   Very faulty advertising that it would be enough for a family of 4!!!.   I have to limit myself to a few minutes of Netflix and some emails. because it just keeps going up and up.    And I am alone here.   I would like to put this out to anyone who might be interested in MiFi.   Forget it!

0 Likes
Re: MiFi Pro
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the mifi also turned off when you aren't using it with your computer? Is the computer settings configured to recognize the mifi as a metered connection? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NRC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I have kept the MiFi on and plugged in.  I don't know how to turn it off, and I thought it should be on .  Normally I would have my computer open all the time, but now I can't use it except for emergencies.  I have a Mac , configured to wifi and the MiFi.   Only other device is the TV which i might watch half hour a day.   or not.  Is it possible the MiFi itself is eating all the GB?   If I learn how to turn it off do I have to turn it on each time I want to use the computer? Thanks. NCR

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One way to turn off the mifi is to unplug it unless it has a battery that will allow usage while unplugged. Refer to the user manual of the device for specific methods to power on or off the device. 

You should also probably disconnect the TV from the mifi unit just to eliminate any phantom usage from that device. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a clear understanding of how data usage is measured can be vital. We have online resources to provide general details about how the service is used. Please open the Data Utilization link for instructions when determining how data is accessed on the Verizon Wireless network: https://www.verizon.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/#view-account-utilization. As for usage while the device is powered off, we recommend also turning off the MiFi when you turn off the device being connected. However, it is typically, unlikely that data is being transmitted if there is not a power connection on the computer. -Rita K.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to review your Mi-Fi line and ensure it is properly connecting at all times, NRC1. Yes, if you were to turn it off, it would need to turned back on prior to using it again. We would like to review your account to better assist you today. Please send us a Private Note to get started. *Cheyenne

0 Likes
NRC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday my son in law Scott upgraded his account for me to have 100 GB per month.  However I am afraid that might be for my  phone which is on a different account from my hotspot.   does that mean I have to use my phone as a hotspot?  I have used 39 GB on my MiFi and have 10 days left in cycle.   I thought he was changing my MiFi to have 100GB a month, instead of 50GB, but I don't find any record of that.   I am afraid I will run out of good internet speed before the end of month.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NRC1, I can understand your concerns with ensuring that you have enough data on your Mifi to end the month. I apologize for any confusion in this matter.

I will be happy to assist you with providing you with peace of mind.

Please send us a Private Message to continue. 

-Roni

0 Likes