Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiFi4510L won't connect to my puter
boronos56

I am very new to this and am having a very tough time. My MiFi4510L connected to my laptop very quickly but we have two desktop piters that I cannot connect with. I am currently using DirectTv's Wild Blue satellite as my provider which is the reason I want to switch to the MiFi4510L. I don't think my HPa6838f can accept the wireless connection and keeps asking for a "CD" which did not come with my MiFi. I am 73 and one step from being very computer stupid and need help in making this thing work. Can anyone please help me,,,,,and in very simple language!!!  Ed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: MiFi4510L won't connect to my puter
boronos56

Although I had no response to my problem, I still wish to thank everyone who at least view my message. I then spent many hours confering with the microsoft and verizon troubleshooters. It was finally decided that with older PC's you need to have a wireless USB adapter for each of PC. I tripped to Staples and purchased two Netgear N300 wireless USB Adapters, installed them on my PC's and my connection problem was solved.

Kudos to the two people from Microsoft and Verizon who were very understanding to my problem and helped this 73 year old who is hard of hearing and computer dumb. Pitchforks to the rest of you!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boronos56

Although I had no response to my problem, I still wish to thank everyone who at least view my message. I then spent many hours confering with the microsoft and verizon troubleshooters. It was finally decided that with older PC's you need to have a wireless USB adapter for each of PC. I tripped to Staples and purchased two Netgear N300 wireless USB Adapters, installed them on my PC's and my connection problem was solved.

Kudos to the two people from Microsoft and Verizon who were very understanding to my problem and helped this 73 year old who is hard of hearing and computer dumb. Pitchforks to the rest of you!!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

Glad to hear you got your connections working, I could have helped out if I found this thread earlier.

The MiFi is a wireless only device right now, unless they decide to release an update.  Im surprised that Verizon support was not able to point you in the right direction after a few minutes of troubleshooting.  It should have been easy to determine that your PC's had no wireless adapters and that you need to purchase new ones.

0 Likes