Mifi4510L connections issues after firmware 2.23 update
Sarusan68
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just updated my mifi firmware to v2.23

Immediately upon restarting the unit it will no longer connect to Verizon's 3G/4G data network.

Checking the advanced diagnostics tool I found that the unit will not synch with the data network (no IP address) and will not connect when attempting manual connection.

Called tech support, after talking with 2 different reps my problem has been passed onto engineering with no estimated time of response.

Unfortunately the first rep tried to indicate that problem was related to my Macbook Pro. Tried to download the update using my XP virtual machine but the dowload pdf would not open.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly before I have to request an adjustment to my MRC for the time that the unit is nonoperable.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mifi4510L connections issues after firmware 2.23 update
Sarusan68
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks, already tried that and still not resolved.

Unfortunately the mifi device is not recognized by windows running on a virtual machine for some reason

If the problem is isolated only to mac's, then VZW has provided a faulty duu installer that must be corrupting the firmware.

Will have to try reinstalling the firmware using a friends winpc to see if that corrects the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wanna bet this gets a "solved" as you obviously are no longer having problem of connection dropping since you can't establish it in the first place.....

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

The problem is with your Mac.  Many users have reported problems where the Mac upgrade left thier MiFi bricked.  Follow JeffR's steps to resolve the problem on your own.  Try to use a WinXP computer if at all possible.

If you have a Mac "bricked" Mifi: 

1. Run the installer, the Mifi will show up as a USB Human Interface Device and the upgrade will not start (cannot find the device)

2. The installer leaves a directory (C:\MiFi4510L) and there's a program called DUU_Verizon_MiFi4510L.exe

3. Run that program, it will find the Mifi, and ask if you want to enable the modem functions of the Mifi.

4. Answer yes, then disconnect and hit the reset button under the battery door.

5. Now reattach to your PC, and rerun the upgrade program. This time it will work.

JeffR
http://community.vzw.com/t5/Broadband-Netbook-Devices/MiFi-4510L-Firmware-Update-2-23/m-p/719523#M74...

0 Likes
Sarusan68
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thanks, already tried that and still not resolved.

Unfortunately the mifi device is not recognized by windows running on a virtual machine for some reason

If the problem is isolated only to mac's, then VZW has provided a faulty duu installer that must be corrupting the firmware.

Will have to try reinstalling the firmware using a friends winpc to see if that corrects the problem.
0 Likes