Re: Might be prorated hefty overages?
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly the larger the customer service the more people they have to hire. In return there's a portion of society that don't care about the job. No matter how much training they get they just go day to day without doing much. At times you don't want to fire anyone because of the high turn rates it's a pain training people on a daily basis. I used to work help desk and trained help desk future employees many moons ago. The old saying it's hard to find good help still applies today.

0 Likes
KMI2014

I know the thread is kind of long now but if you read reply #2  and recent replies it should become more clear. Btw that analogy doesn't fit because it's not an issue with affording the plan, I can afford the plan but may be a bit late with payment due to the aforementioned circumstances.

There is no wrong anything here. I live in a (semi)rural so satellite or Verizon lte are the only game in town and no other provider offers lte yet. I could get 3G Evdo but the caps are insufficient for my needs, speeds are slower and latency is higher. For what I do online I require a low latency connection with decent throughput and higher (or "unlimited") data limit. I've searched endlessly and there's nothing better available here, Verizon lte is really the best choice that fits my needs. Either way I'm going to be paying nearly the same no matter who I go with and am screwed whether or not I like it.

I would just love to give Verizon Fios or Time Warner my money if they'd allow me to by providing me with their service. It's been ten years and nothing else has came out here except mobile data. Maybe if/when Verizon decides to cut the copper phone lines all that might change providing the government steps in and forces Verizon to replace all copper in affected areas with modern fiber.

Besides Verizon/Lte being the best service available in my area I also get the best signal with Verizon/Lte. Any other providers struggle to get more than one or two bars of service and drops service, no service dropouts yet with Verizon.

All they need to do is reconnect service and take care of the bogus overage charge due to being unable to backdate both upgrades then I'm golden and as long as I'm careful with data usage there should be no further issues.

The only thing good I have to say about support or their financial services is that they've been courteous, patient and polite. Other than that they've been completely and utterly useless resolving my issue and reconnecting service which is why if/when I call in tomorrow I'm requesting to speak with a supervisor or someone else higher up the chain. If I still have no luck or resolution maybe evil three letter acronyms would get them to do something lol. Generally I've learned tier 1 support is usually incompetent and useless, to get anywhere in most cases you have to escalate or go higher up the chain.

I will keep fighting this with them to get service reconnected. My next check won't be here until Saturday and I need internet to get some stuff done. This backup connection I'm using to post just doesn't cut it, it's way too slow and frequently times out. It's a chore to keep going back and forth with support so it's really ticking me off and I wish they would just reconnect my service and resolve the matter rather than being so unbelievably stubborn. No shred of decency or regard for customer satisfaction it seems.

To anyone considering moving into the country or rural area, don't even if someone such as a significant other wants to.. unless you make sure there are adequate options for internet where you are moving such as dsl, cable, fiber or a fixed wisp. I was previously living out here with my parents then moved to the city but suddenly had to move again, since I knew the landlady she was willing to rent to me and had a place lined up to move into. I also moved out here to be close to my parents and help them out since they are getting older and I worry about them.

Btw I explained my issue in previous replies, what my situation is and that there's not any real options for internet service where I live. I'd rather it be this or anything else other than satellite, heck I'd pay a premium for a better service as long as it wasn't as costly as Verizon's higher data packages or a T1 line. Providing I could get virtually unlimited with superior speeds I honestly wouldn't mind paying upwards of $150 to $250 for that convenience in my area of residence.

0 Likes
KMI2014

Sorry, tried to edit my post but by the time I finished typing it was too late to submit.

@Tidbits, I understand what you are saying. Are they that unwilling to do anything, to them it's that hard to get approval and basically flip a virtual switch? It's not like we're talking about hard manual labor here and isn't that complicated.

I look at my dad and all the stuff he puts up with yet stays devoted to his job and work so I don't understand what the major malfunction is with most people in today's world when their jobs are actually quite simple and less stressful in comparison to some. I can see that customers whom yell or cuss at them might be frustrating and stressful but we aren't all like that remaining calm and courteous to work with them so our issues can be resolved. Support during normal business hours doesn't seem to be outsourced so they are being paid the going rate for their line of work or minimum wage at least.

I asked them if there's anyway they can resolve this and reconnect service, if there is anyone that can approve reconnecting service. They claim there isn't anything that can be done which I'm sure isn't completely accurate or true. Subsequent attempts to reach out to support and resolve the matter so they can reconnect my service have gotten me nowhere so far. Anyone know how to get them to budge or if there's anyone I can contact that will actually help and reconnect my service?

Tidbits
Legend

You'd be surprised.  I have done this for many years.  These scenarios do happen A LOT.

1.  New person and you have a honestly complex situation.  The person does want to help but doesn't know how.  They put you on hold and ask someone else which they might not know because that person was just hired possibly 2 weeks before the other guy.

2.  The guy knows the ropes, but doesn't care.  It's a job and doing minimum effort for them is enough.  I watch and listen to tapes of some reps which I end up firing for this kind of stuff alas I find that often I replace them with number 1 or number 2.

There's often a lot of these in a call center, and you can hit these type of people 3 to 4 times.

Here's an example that happened to me recently.  Keep in Mind I am Korean so I do speak Korean for future reference of this story.

I contacted LG USA to find out what Wireless charging standard the LG G3 uses.  I the response from the rep after 30 minutes explaining to her what wireless charging is.  "You need to ask the manufacturer of the device"

So after that I decided it was pointless going through LG USA for the answer.  I called LG Korea.  After 2 minute hold the rep comes on and I talked to him about the LG G3, and the Wireless charging format.  He said the exact same thing!  "You need to talk to the manufacturer".  I told him I have the LG G3, with the WCP-300 which the company he works for makes both of these items...

I had to do legwork myself and spent around $50 total and wasted a lot of time to find the answers.  The above shows what I mean.  First one honestly was new to technology and she didn't even know the products.  She put me on hold multiple times.  The second guy by the way he sounded and talked was scenario number 2.  There's multiple instances I can show in the past 3 months for various companies I deal with on a daily basis.  Oh I no longer work on any type of help desk type jobs and I refuse to even come close to working one ever again.

I wish I had 50 of your fathers right.  I'd be happy boss, and I do my best to keep them happy in return...  Alas most kids today don't think that way.  Just go through the daily motion.

0 Likes
KMI2014

Hey folks it took a bit of persistence and going back and forth with support but I finally got them to reconnect service. Despite my frustration I made my best effort to remain calm and cordial as it's against my personality to lash out at anyone, after all it's their job and they have superiors barking the orders. The late payment notification gave a date no later than August 1st but I will be paying the remaining $25 on my balance come Saturday.

I'll just have to make sure I have the money set aside prior to the due date to pay the balance in full. It seems like they are going to immediately shut me off if I don't pay the full balance by the due date. If there's even a grace period they don't give too long after the due date before pulling the plug. However the $25 wasn't why service was disconnected just their financial services was holding that against me after my mistake with not backdating, incurring a high overage charge and the account being flagged for high usage because of the backdating issue.

Once that bogus $165 overage charge is taken care of this thread can go to the graveyard.

I want to thank everyone for being patient with me including Verizon support. Smiley Happy

Edit: @Tidbits: Thanks for explaining, I suppose that explains a lot.

0 Likes
KMI2014

Hey folks I have another question or concern to be answered if someone would oblige. I'm not sure if that $165 charge has been taken care of but I can't seem to find it anymore.. Support told me they would get back to me today about the $165 charge but the overage charge warning is gone and can't find it listed on the bill. I'm trying to find detailed billing information but it still only showing the bill for last cycle although that may be because last cycle I opted to start having a paper bill sent to me.

When I signed up for service on June 20th I was billed early the next week (Monday or Tuesday) for $117.74 which I paid all of except $25. However I think I just received another bill bringing it up to $256.68 which has prorated charges afaik.

That's over $100 worth of prorated charges and I can't understand exactly what is being prorated especially since I was immediately billed as soon as I got service and my bill is only $130 /mo for 20GB ($110 w/o line access fee) so I'm confused. I would have thought the first bill wouldn't come due until the around the end or beginning of the next cycle with any prorated charges specified so I can't help but feel I'm being double billed.

Is there some mistake with billing because it seems odd to me.. If not I can still pay it but I have to watch what I spend so that's money I could use for other things if needed. For this month/cycle I may need to set up payment arrangements if that's not a billing error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KMI2014,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please Direct Message me so we can resolve this issue further.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KMI2014

Hello and thanks for responding. Smiley Happy

Since I did not here anything back I contacted Verizon Wireless via the Facebook page. I've been going back and forth with the reps although I think with multiple reps responding it kind of leads to confusion. I did manage to get service reconnected but it appears support/billing is suddenly being stubborn about that $165 overage which I was informed up until yesterday was due to not backdating when I upgraded my plan. As I said being a new customer I was not aware of backdating or what it was for and misunderstood, backdating was a foreign concept to me until someone explained. I initially thought backdating was only if I had a higher plan then dropped to a lower plan but used more data than the allotment for the lower plan. I also thought the upgrade wouldn't take place immediately unless choosing the "Effective current cycle" option.

Anyways support is suddenly claiming it not that I didn't backdate my plan upgrade but I actually went over my allotment and incurred overages. I know this is not true because when my service was suspended usage information showed me using 14.5GB which is 5.5GB under my 20GB allotment. Usage data under MyVerizon account matched data usage on my device then suddenly Verizon Wireless pulls 10GB (11GB) worth of overages totaling 31GB extra usage out of their behind thus flagging the account for suspension.

In my last reply via Facebook I told support reps the entire $165 charge needs to be credited/removed, no exceptions.. Otherwise I won't have a choice but to seek other options for internet service and dispute the charge with whatever collection agency picks up on the bill.

I'd really like to stay a customer seeing as my only other options are 3G Evdo with lower caps and satellite since no dsl, cable or fiber where I live. I can be careful and keep track of usage, staying under my cap affording the $130 for my plan every month. If that $256.68 balance doesn't include the balance for the current cycle then I'm going to be dinged for $300 or closer to $400. I simply can not afford such exorbitant charges when I have other bills to pay, supplies to purchase and a cat to feed that take priority over mediocre overpriced internet service. The $130 is in my budget so I can afford that but I can't afford being dinged for over $100 on top of my bill for what now appears to be phantom usage despite usage information still showing me being under the monthly allotment for my plan.

I am trying my best to remain calm and polite but my frustration is growing. I know it isn't the fault of support and they are just doing their job. Support is claiming they can only give a partial 25% credit on the overage charge and not credit it in full because I went over my data allotment despite that not being the case. I'll keep trying but I'm not sure they'll budge to resolve this completely and credit/remove the $165 charge is full. Smiley Sad

0 Likes