Misrepresenting data usage
kacz56

and why not a class action?  i'm all for it!!!  stated with 3 gb data, and my usage was 2.8 to 4gb or so.  moved to the 6GB plan, my usage was 5gb to 8gb.  moved up to the 10 gb plan, my useage jumped to 20gb!!!!!.  turned off the mifi immediately. my usage always exceeds my plan.  it just follows whatever plan i have.    rushed into town and signed up with excede.  took the 5gb plan.  was informed that i had grossly exceded my plan and would be restricted for the rest of the month.  they want me to believe i used 40 gb after SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!

i am all for a class action, count me in!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Misrepresenting data usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You really should read your customer agreement with Verizon Wireless. It is linked at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless web page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So both Verizon AND Excede are lying about your usage? So these 2 companies are conspiring against you? And yes you can easily use 40 GB in a week if your trying to do thing like watch Netflix. We have used as much as 380 GB in a month with our cable internet which is an average of 40 GB every 3 days. 5 GB in a month is fine if all you do is check e-mail and the weather and sports scores. No streaming of video or music of any kind.

As far as class action you can not file a class action suit. You agreed not to when you signed your agreement. Also class action means finding others that have been "ripped off' and of course no one has. We have been on a 6 GB plan for 11 months and we have 5 smartphones and the most we have used is 3 GB. So hasn't Verizon tried ripping us off?

Sounds like you live in an area where cable or fiber or DSL are not available. Sorry but watching just 1 hour of Netflix a day everyday would use 80 GB in a month. So for people that don't have REAL broadband options you just can't be watching video all the time.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kacz56 wrote:

and why not a class action?  i'm all for it!!!  stated with 3 gb data, and my usage was 2.8 to 4gb or so.  moved to the 6GB plan, my usage was 5gb to 8gb.  moved up to the 10 gb plan, my useage jumped to 20gb!!!!!.  turned off the mifi immediately. my usage always exceeds my plan.  it just follows whatever plan i have.    rushed into town and signed up with excede.  took the 5gb plan.  was informed that i had grossly exceded my plan and would be restricted for the rest of the month.  they want me to believe i used 40 gb after SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!

Multiple providers say you continually exceed your allowance? Couldn't possibly be you, could it?

In the 22 months since I switched to a shared tiered data plan, I have yet to exceed my chosen allowance a single time. I'm certainly happy that Verizon has decided to not include me in their overage conspiracy!

0 Likes
kacz56

apparently you haven't taken the time to read the comments the other

writers have posted. they aren't writing to compliment these companies,

they have complaints and are pissed off. we don't download any movies or

videos, we do a few minutes of emails and facebook a day, hardly 5 gb a

days worth. i don't care what i signed, if what the satelite companies are

doing is illegal, then i'm all for going after them.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:14 PM, 1moretime <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
HENLSEYHEATINGCOOLING
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like you've got a virus. I never exceed 4 g of data and watch a lot of videos. Someone else is using your data with ddos attacks

0 Likes