Mobile Network Problem 4G
rbonesteel

Current 4G Mobile Signal Strength is -92dbm. What should normal be? Have had problems since purchasing on 3/26/2011. Looking for fix, help,answers. - Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Network Problem 4G
rbonesteel

Typical range (−60 to −80 dBm) of wireless received signal power over a network (802.11 variants)

That's the typical bandwidth for wireless networks.

0 Likes
rbonesteel

3G and 4G are spotty in the Orlando, Florida area. Research shows that this problem is nationwide.

Orlando is labeled a 4G area on the Verizon nationwide map. When I added address in Sanford to 4G coverage area. I said I had 4G coverage. The other day in New Smyrna Beach, I got zilch.

Auto connect to wifi occurs when I get home per the setting selection. It is supposed to revert to mobile network when available.

I was up last night searching blogs and such for fixes, answers and such but, nothing yet.

I don't have a problem with 4G having consistency issues. I rolled those die but, I wonder why the 3G doesn't kick in.

I tried to reboot several times and took out the battery to restart/reboot.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

You can also try to manually turn off your 4G for about 30 minutes, and then turn it back on.  Below I have provided you with instructions to do so. 

1.  From the Dial Pad dial *#*#4636#*#*
2.  Phone info 
3.  Preferred network type than pick
4.  CDMA only or EVDO only. (There will only be one of these options so just pick whatever one you see) 

* In order to switch back to 4G follow step 1-3 than select CDMA + LTE

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes