My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Started with HTC Thunderbolt on 4G at 30Mbps 2 years back and now down to 0.35 Mbps on Droid Razr MAXX HD. I used to boast around the speeds on my phone with my AT&T friends and now its vice versa. Verizon 4G LTE speed is more pathetic than T-mobile or AT&T 3G speeds. My phone would drop data connections all day long in the office and this didn't happen before, it had started recently. I tried various resets, almost 5 Sim card replacement from their store and still no good. Opening a ticket with them is like spending 2 hours of troubleshooting before they even listen to you. Cannot stream videos, cannot watch anything on my phone, hell its up to the point that I just cannot use data services at all. The only place I get better 4G LTE is in Loudoun county at my home. The speed is consistently around 19-20 Mbps. Its only when I come to DC downtown or Rockville the phone is almost unusable. I don't know when will they hear me or I might have to just walk away and never recommend verizon to anyone for their pathetic wireless service (couldn't justify the price that I pay for their "Reliable"???? service). Is anyone else having issues with their phones or is it just me ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nitspatel,

We want you to have the best coverage everywhere! Let's dig a little deeper. What zipcodes in Washington DC and Rockville are you having issues in? Are any other VZW customers in these area experiencing the same issue? Did your office make any changes as far as building material? What floor in the building do you use the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Pamela,

Rockville 20850 (I have several colleagues who has already reported the issue to verizon for this place, but no resolution till date). I am at 3rd Floor in Rockville.

DC         20006 (There are 6 other people who has the same reception issue). I am at 7th Floor in DC.

Do you want me to share the exact location?

As far as I know there has not been any changes to the building material since last 5 years. Let me know if you want more information. Please try to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Nitin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nitspatel,

Thanks for the info. We are not reporting any issues in this area. I am following you. Please follow me in return (bobbys_vzw) and send me a direct message with your phone number and billing password. I want to review your account.  Also, I would like to open a network ticket to see what's going on. Also, if you could provide the other peoples phone numbers, I would like to see what the finding were for their tickets. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
My 4G LTE speed on Droid Razr MAXX HD is abysmal in Washington DC Area
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Hi BobbyS_VZW,

I sent you a direct message last Friday with all the details you requested. Did you receive the message? Were you able to find anything ?

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Hi BobbyS_VZW,

I sent you a direct message last Friday on Oct 4. Did you receive it or not? Please reply.

Thanks,
Nitin

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might help to @ mention them. please log into your individual username and check your messages!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

, Did not receive any messages ? What are you referring to?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nitspatel wrote:

Ann154 , Did not receive any messages ? What are you referring to?

I was writing to bobbys_vzw even though I was specifically replying to your post on the Verizon Wireless Community forum. If you sent them a DM (Direct Message), then they need to log in under their individual username and check their Communications tab for your message to them. The reps are replying to the customers on here with a group username which shouldn't be used for sending DMs to. The follow up on this community is iffy at best and it definitely doesn't help if the reps NEVER login with their individual username and only see the community through the "rose-colored glasses" window the username presents to the members of the Verizon Wireless Social Media Team.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nitspatel,

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a private message. I'll be awaiting your reply.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes