My IPhone is using lots of data when I'm on WiFi! What's going on??
Mstiene

My husband and I have shared 2 gigs of data for over a year and have never come close to using even 50%  All of a sudden, we are at 90% of our usage and nothing has changed.  We use WiFi at home and at work.  I looked at our data usage online and the time stamp shows data accruing when we are asleep at home!  Verizon had no explanation, one service rep put me on hold to check it out and left me on hold for over 25 minutes.  He never came back and I called again.  The other service rep had me reset my networks.  What's going on Verizon?  I see lots of other people are having this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My IPhone is using lots of data when I'm on WiFi!  What's going on??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mstiene,

Data overages are no good! We want you charges to be correct, and we can help get this issue resolved. What devices do you have? Data charges can have delayed billing so the usage could have occured at an earlier time. It could also be the Wi-fi connection at that time was weak and the device switch to the VZW network to perform the data task requested by the device. You can  completely turn off cellular data while connected to Wi-fi to prevent any accidential data charges.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My IPhone is using lots of data when I'm on WiFi!  What's going on??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mstiene,

Data overages are no good! We want you charges to be correct, and we can help get this issue resolved. What devices do you have? Data charges can have delayed billing so the usage could have occured at an earlier time. It could also be the Wi-fi connection at that time was weak and the device switch to the VZW network to perform the data task requested by the device. You can  completely turn off cellular data while connected to Wi-fi to prevent any accidential data charges.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes