My Saturday night experiment, Two 4G devices sitting next to each other ?
bubba9459
Contributor - Level 1

Tonight I am trying to use my 5510 Jetpack, and my ATIV phone in internet sharing mode.

Interesting, when one of them stops connecting to the internet, I can change connections, and I have internet again, for awhile,

When it stops connecting, I can change connections again, and BAM, I have internet again ?

I have done this since 2 pm this afternoon,   switching from one 4G device to the other 4G device.

I have also ran multiple speedtest.net  tests on each connection, and shared the results.

Why does one of my devices lose connection ? and the other has a perfect connection ?         Why does this device lose it's connection, and then the previous device gets a perfect connection again ?

Although it is a pain in my ass to keep switching wifi connections,   I can do it all day,  If that's what it takes to use to use the 20GB of Data  I'm paying for ?

VZW,   Please explain ?       are you limiting my data usage on each device ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Saturday night experiment, Two 4G devices sitting next to each other ?
Not applicable

No Verizon is not limiting your usage. Verizon could do it even if they wanted to per FCC rule.

Your answer is right in your post title. You have 2 wi-fi connections right next to each other. They are most likely interfering with each other even devices several feet away can interfere witheach others wi-fi signals. but just in case it's something else what OS are you using?

0 Likes
bubba9459
Contributor - Level 1

Ok,  I didn't explain it correctly,     I do not have both devices on wi-fi at the same time. 

My Jetpack has issues, whether it's my signal, or the device, I don't know, it can work fine all day, and then just lose all 4G, and 3G service.  ( 6pm - 12am )

When the Jetpack loses all service, My phone still has 4 bars of LTE,  So, if I turn phones internet sharing on,  I have internet again.         When the Jetpack gets service again, I can turn off the phones internet sharing, and return to using the Jetpack for my internet connection.

I understand that for those few minutes when both devices are in Wi-Fi, it's killing the signal,

I'm running Windows 7 , 

Today, I'm trying it a different way,  Jetpack is OFF, I will leave phone in internet sharing mode all day, If it can maintain a decent connection, maybe I don't need the Jetpack ?

Thanks

0 Likes
bubba9459
Contributor - Level 1

I used my phone in internet sharing mode all day with no major issues,   Yes it is slower than the Jetpack, but it has maintained a decent connection all day  ( when I decide to look at something, like the weather, or the news, or my email, ) I have a connection, and I don't have to wait for it to load.

I used my phone for 8 hours today,  then I switched back to my Jetpack

( BACK ) to the same old BS,   No service,  No 4G,   ( I am running the Jetpack in 4G only )

After reading through hours of Jetpack complaints, and suggestions  on  VZW support,  I decided to disable my iPv6 , There is a noticeable difference,    When the Jetpack feels like transmitting/receiving,  webpages load quickly,.

But as usual, only certain webpages will load ?

speedtest.net will load every time, and I get great results,     14.41 D, 8.89 U

But a simple webpage like craigslist, or my local news will not load ?       I have changed my Jetpack display to always on, so I can see what it is doing ?

NOTHING ?   It will not transmit, or receive data on any webpage I visit,  Except speedtest.net,  if I try speedtest.net, it loads right up, and I can run a fantastic speedtest ?    Cant' get to VZW.com to complain, unless I switch over to my phone's connection, which I am on now.

So what is it ? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bubba9459,

We want to make sur eyour Jetpack is connecting without sharing Internet with your phone. What devices do you usually use to connect to the Jetpack? Please make sure none of these devices are set to forgot the Internet connection. If your signal is intermittent, that may be connected to the SIM card since 4G LTE devices connect to our network via the SIM card. You can try a replacement SIM card by getting one for free from any corporate store (store locator http://bit.ly/3SdsA) or contacting Customer Service.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes