NO 4G LTE in 51501 Council Bluffs, IA area.
jkcm725

only getting 1x or 3g in the Council Bluffs, Ia area 51501 zip code. Been like this for months now. The screen shots below are taken out side of my home in the middle of town.

I dont get 4g until i drive in to Omaha that is across the river. I used to have a strong signal up to the last few months ago.

Would love to have this fixed, also getting a lot of dropped calls all the time and text messages not sending or receiving until I drive over to Omaha. I also get a lot of time that it says I'm in Roaming because the signal is so weak.3g4g.JPGScreenshot_2015-06-08-23-05-53.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NO 4G LTE in 51501 Council Bluffs, IA area.
jkcm725

sorry also had this i was in global for some time and it keep taking into roaming so i changed it to this, but still dose not help with the signal. I also have the same problem with my wifes phone its a Moto X and my is a Droid Turbo. So I know its not the phone. Screenshot_2015-06-08-23-06-07.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out, jkcm725! We always want you to have the best serivce availabel. I do apprecaited the visul you have provided to determin the troubled spots. I am showing that area should be covered with 4G. Have you ever experienced 4G here? Any major changes done to your phone? What software version are you running? If you go into settings> advance calling, is this on?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I haven't been on that side of the river in some time. I know of coworkers who live on that side and south of Council Bluffs who do get 4G LTE daily on their devices.

Have you tried...

Rebooting the phone?

Check the cellular settings and verify it is on CDMA/LTE mode?

Reseating the SIM card?

Tried the SIM card in another phone?

Replaced the SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jkcm725

I used to get 4g out side my house. Then when I go inside my house it drops to 3g or even to 1x. There even time I just don't get service when I'm in my house I have to go out side and the I get service.

0 Likes
jkcm725

I live on the north end of Council Bluff near 25th street exit off of I-29. I'm only a mile and a half from a Verizon antanna.

Rebooting the phone?

Yes I shut my phone off every night to charge.

Check the cellular settings and verify it is on CDMA/LTE mode?

Yes as indicated in my pics I posted on this thread I am on CDMA/LTE mode

Reseating the SIM card?

Yes

Tried the SIM card in another phone?

Yes I tried my wife's sim card but her phone is having the same problem with only getting 3g or 1x signal also. And they are two different phones.  Mine is Droid Turbo and hers is Moto X.

Replaced the SIM card?

No why would I replace it when it work fine everywhere else but at my house.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card can go bad. Also the construction of your house and neighboring buildings can affect the quality of signal inside buildings.

I can drive that direction after work and see what my phone does in the area. That antenna might be down for maintenance or not even a Verizon Wireless antenna.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes