Network Extender shows strong signal, but will not connect to phone
2ScottToHandle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure if this is the right board for this - but we're having issues with our Network extender. It shows it's in service - we've gone through all of the troubleshooting. But it seems like the second i walk more than 5 feet away from it it drops my phone and it's not connected. I don't know what else to do. We've turned off automatic transmit power mode, Set transmit power to 100%, we've got at least 5 strong GPS signals, and it's a 4g LTE network extender. Has anyone else had this experience?

We both have Iphones - mien is an 8 plus and my husbands is an 8.

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender shows strong signal, but will not connect to phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried to do a Factory Reset? If not, please follow steps below.

Factory Reset - 4G LTE Network Extender
  1. The factory reset button is in a small hole located on the connection side of the network extender.
  2. Insert one end of an unfolded paperclip into the factory reset hole then press the paperclip on the button and hold for at least 30 seconds. The device must be connected to power for the reset to complete.
0 Likes
2ScottToHandle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Multiple times. I've also been walked through multiple troubleshooting sessions with Customer service on the phone. we're missing phone calls left and right and are unable to send text messages the second we walk away from our Network Extender. Could it be an issue with the device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, are you seeing the network extender on the account as registered? 

0 Likes
mpheath

How does one register a network extender to one’s account?

My LTE Network Extender is up and running but will not connect to any of my four iPhones. 

0 Likes