Network Not Registered
mjlnjhm

I purchased a new 4G modem to replace my 3G modem, but every time I start it I get the message "Network not Registered," and then it kicks down to 3G.  I uninstalled the VZ Access Manager software, reinstalled, and updated, all to no avail.  I am still getting the same message.  Anybody else have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Not Registered
DressageDiva

I am having the same problem.  Use the device in two different locations, one of which has only 3G available.  I just returned from the 3G area and after re-booting my computer, every attempt to access the network resulted in a "Network Not Registered" error.  I was not even offered the 3G option.  After several re-boots, unplugging/reattaching modem, exiting and re-starting VZ Access Manager, I finally was able to get on 4G network and haven't had problems since.

0 Likes
mjlnjhm

Thanks, but I have been trying since yesterday to use 4G.   It just keeps telling me "Network not Registered" and kicks down to 3G.  I have rebooted, etc., constantly.  Still no luck.

0 Likes
bigounce

with Verizon Access Manager open hit control D

password is diagvzw

under settings make sure it is set to 4g only and not global.

This will force modem in 4g - you will need to change it back to access 3G

0 Likes
mjlnjhm

Good idea, but I still can not get on 4G.  It tries to access it, but I still get the message "Network not Registered."  When I go back to global I can get on 3G.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I had some helpful advice, but this "network not registered" seems to be the newest twist in the Verizon 4G saga (or maybe more correct name would be tragedy.)  I am getting the same thing, either constant stream of disconnects, or this error.  The modems really don't seem to like changing area's.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you everyone for the information provided. There was a software update (L0290VWB33F.230) that was released for this modem on 4/14/2011 which resolved the issue with the disconnects. Go to www.vzw.com/uml290support to update the most current software. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
BIGK

Lena,

I am still getting the Network not registered issue but I have the LG VL600.

Has anyone been able to figure out this issue?

0 Likes
Midnight972002

Its a sim card problem...go to the verizon store and have them swap out the sim card and you will be good to go!

0 Likes