New 4G Nationwide Outage - Confirmed
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had a ticket open for this issue in Hudson, Ohio since Saturday, June 18, 2011 and was now told there is ANOTHER nationwide 4G outage.  It's also affecting a friend who has a 4G Thunderbolt at the same place.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New 4G Nationwide Outage - Confirmed
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I retract the last post.  It worked fine for two nights then at around 2:30 AM Eastern Time June 28, 2011 until I logged off at around 7:30 AM the service experienced huge problems.  I ran several speed tests the the results were all across the board, it's not consistent by any means with one test running an incredible 24.5 MB down and 6 MB up while the majority of tests were in the 1 MB or less down and 5 MB up range.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

I think the Nationwide outage was a flop. I was cruising all over Ga yesterday running rock solid 4G on my Pantech from sunrise to sundown.

0 Likes
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Tier 2 support informed me of this.

0 Likes
oosillyoo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Most of Verizon tech support are liars. They will tell you whatever to get you off the phone. At this point I only trust info from the NRB or CPE group. I've been using 4G for the last week without a network outage.
0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello whatsupdoc,

I have researched this issue and there is NOT a 4G outage in the state of Ohio. May I ask what device are you using that is having the 4G issue. Please elaborate with more detail on the situation so I can provide some steps to get this resolved for you. Also, you can send me a private message with your ticket number so I can check the status of the work order.

Thank you...

0 Likes
rvtrader

what is NRB CPE just want to know what they have to say

0 Likes
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent you a PM, thank you.  The problem still exists for me.

0 Likes
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem appears to be resolved for me.

0 Likes
Joebok

I noticed a 1G connection this morning.  At the office, I checked with 2 other Thunderbolt owners.  1 was having 4G problems all last week, the other had no problems.  We all live in the Seattle area, and this morning we were all in the same building.  I did a reboot (power off, battery out) and my Thunderbolt came up connected 4G again.

0 Likes
whatsupdoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I retract the last post.  It worked fine for two nights then at around 2:30 AM Eastern Time June 28, 2011 until I logged off at around 7:30 AM the service experienced huge problems.  I ran several speed tests the the results were all across the board, it's not consistent by any means with one test running an incredible 24.5 MB down and 6 MB up while the majority of tests were in the 1 MB or less down and 5 MB up range.

0 Likes