New 4G (UML290 or VL600) disconnect after 30 min of inactivity.
mljallo1

I recently upgraded from  a Verizon UM175 line to the new 4G using UML290 (also tried VL600) and if I leave my laptop for more than 30 minutes, it disconnects the line!  I then have to reconnect and restart my application - no matter what the application is.  When it is connected it works fine - can not live with this.  Help anyone!  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New 4G (UML290 or VL600) disconnect after 30 min of inactivity.
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

mljallo1, I am sorry your experiencing issues with your 4G device disconnecting when coming out of sleep mode and not being able to auto-connect. Sometimes it can also result in an error message. After further review of your equipment I was able to locate information about this issue being reported to the manufacture. The manufacture (Pantech) is currently aware of the issue and is working to find a way to resolve the issue. 

To temporarily assist with the issue, you can close VZAccess Manager and re-insert the device then restart VZAccess Manager to lessen the amount of times it will occur during an internet session.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Try these settings as well. They will help for sure.

Extend the time on the Sleep to as long as you can. I don't even allow mine to sleep, your Hard Drive and CPU will go into an Idle State without you even knowing it. It works alot better than the Power Mamangement feature.

Make sure in your Power Settings that the Hard Drive is not set to turn off at a set time. Believe me, it will idle itself which uses an almost unmeasureable amount of power but it is not turning off.

USB Selective Suspend settings are Disabled.

Try these settings and see if it helps you. On all my laptps that I use my Pantech on these help. It also depends on what O.S you are using as well. I am using W7.

Let me know! Good Luck

0 Likes
mljallo1

toughbook/Road Warrior - thanks for fixing my problem!!  Since I never disconnected (timed out) with my UM175 line I expected that since I was disconnecting with the UML290 or VL600 that it was a Verizon problem (I still think it is).  However Verizion was of no help.  I simply took your advice by changing my sleep after (30) to (never) and it WORKS!  Even though I am on a laptop (new HP & W7) I use it like a desktop and leave it plugged in so am not concerned about the battery running down.  Thanks again! 

Myron Jallo (mljallo1)  

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

You are very welcome! I am glad it helped. Users can correct alot of problems just by going into there Power Settings. What Power Plan do you have it set to? Power Saver, Balanced, or Performance? I don't usually have alot of web pages and such open at the same time. Meaning I don't ever really have to max out the performance of my laptop. I put mine in Balanced and then tweak the settings from there. If you are using IE9, make sure that the Java Script Frequency is set to maximum Performance. Tweak the settings around until you feel you have it how you like it. If you ever want to start over, just hit Restore Settings and that will put it all back to Default.

0 Likes