New Home 4G LTE Service Availability
Bman_92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to find out some when and why here. I have been using a throttled hotspot for my home internet for years due to being in a rural community. This is basically my only option as there is no other high speed option other than satellite. I was very happy to hear that Verizon was going to offer a service that restricts to my home but then does not throttle after we have used the 15g of data. I was very let down upon learning they had expanded this service throughout my state but at this time they released it to the opposite side of the county I reside in. My questions are as follows;

Does anyone at Verizon have a timeline when my zip code 37334 will be available and also why as I already use 4g lte service can Verizon not just remove the data cap throttling? It is really disappointing that as I have been using this service for years I am stuck with having to deal with the throttle to .6 mbps download speeds which are virtually un-usable when a subscriber 10 miles from me can have access to an un-throttled system. During this pandemic it is very difficult as having to work from home and my children having to do virtual schooling 15 gb last only a couple of days. Any help or direction from Verizon would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New Home 4G LTE Service Availability
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bman_92,

We are all very excited for our Home LTE service to roll out. This service uses different equipment than your phone or Mobile Jetpack. It is also going to be on a different plan than you have now. As it rolls out to new areas, you can use this link to check availability for your area: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet

ChristopherM_VZW

Bman_92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response. My main question is one of when? The whole image of this is to reach rural subscribers who have no other option. The first area in my county Verizon expanded this to has access to cable internet and other services. I have been using Verizon LTE for over 5 years for my home internet service. The Smart Home Hub while it may be different equipment etc and all of that other stuff I understand. My point on that is that if Verizon is truly trying to help those individuals who are suffering due to the pandemic, why not prioritize the data once the 15 Gb cap is hit as opposed to throttling to a virtually unusable speed of 0.6 Mbps. If you could please answer that question or have anyone from answer that I would be extremely grateful. 

Thanks and have a great day....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Bman_92. We understand the need for speed when it comes to data use, and are sorry to hear that the LTE Home Internet Service is not yet available in your area. Information such as when this will be released is proprietary, and we do not have a specific date to offer. Once you enter your address in the page we sent, and it says Verizon Home Internet Services are not currently available, you will then have the option to enter your contact information to be informed when it is available to you. We will alert the proper leaders about your suggestion to change the way data is handled once you have reached that 15 GB threshold.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
howdy5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues... Verizon put my zip code (75165) on the list for LTE home internet. Yet, I've been unable to find a single address which is "eligible." My home has AT&T cable internet as its only option, for which I am paying for a 50 MBPS internet speed. Unfortunately, my average speeds are closer to 2 MBPS. I can get roughly 150 MBPS on my phone via 4G LTE. Verizon, why won't anybody let me sign up for LTE home internet? I'm willing to pay you for a service here, what limitations are preventing you from selling it to me? I really don't understand this one.....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

howdy5, we appreciate your feedback as we would like nothing more than for you to be eligible for our 4G home service. Rest assured that we are continually working on making this available to as many areas as possible. You may review the current available area by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6603HMkpJ

Does this help clear up the details? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
OH_Dan

Please proceed with caution if considering the new 4G LTE Home Internet service.  A mid-November firmware update to the required cellular modem has resulted in frequent service outages, requiring a physical power-cycle of the device several times daily.  Support is aware of the issue, but no resolution yet.

Related thread:

LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cause d... - Verizon Community (verizonwireless.com)

0 Likes