New Londen county connecticut
strike01

hi, i live in Norwich ct (new London county) and i am hopeing an admin can help with this, where i work about 20 minutes away in the same county started getting 4g lte in the 17th i believe it was but i still don't have it in my city. we are both part of the same county and from everything i have read so far they are upgradeing bye countys not towns or citys.

so could someone (an admin ) please explain whats going on and why only halp the county has 4g lte?

Thank you, steve

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Londen county connecticut
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello strike01,

I completely understand your anticipation for 4G coverage. Thank you to the community for your engagement. I am not showing that 4G has been implemented in your area as of yet. Below I have provided a link to check the coverage, which I hope benefits you as well as other customers. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=60123&city=E...

Additionally, here is another link for 4G, so you can get updates on coverage areas and much more. 

4G LTE Info

Again, I hope you and other users find this information helpful.

Sincerely, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

strike01 wrote:

hi, i live in Norwich ct (new London county) and i am hopeing an admin can help with this, where i work about 20 minutes away in the same county started getting 4g lte in the 17th i believe it was but i still don't have it in my city. we are both part of the same county and from everything i have read so far they are upgradeing bye countys not towns or citys.

so could someone (an admin ) please explain whats going on and why only halp the county has 4g lte?

Thank you, steve

The coverage map doesn't show Norwich having 4G at all anywhere, but they do have it in most of Central CT.  That's all I can go by, but I will tell you now they are NOT going by counties.  I believe they are going by towers as they upgrade.
For example me being in Hawaii they had LTE at the Airport(Honolulu county), but the coverage only covered anywhere within that single tower.  If they were doing it by counties then Honolulu would have LTE completely when they first initially started and Honolulu is a lot larger than people expect :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Re: New London county Connecticut
strike01

I know it doesn't seem like anywhere around here has but I work on an Indian reservation and maybe they upgraded their tower that does not show up on any maps (sovereign nation) cause i only get 4g lte in that area,

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Quite possibly you are that the fringe of a tower there. So you can get it there but not 20 minutes away from your location. I live about 10 minutes from the airport in Hawaii. Sometimes I would catch, and sometimes I wouldn't. Now that a few more towers are up my father has 4G almost all the time.
0 Likes
Re: Admin Please Reply
strike01

can you please see if you could find out if my Area norwich connecticut  will be getting 4g lte anytime soon, i know they say we all will have after a certain date but i would like to if it coming anytime soon to my area. Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Admin Please Reply
Tidbits
Legend

strike01 wrote:

can you please see if you could find out if my Area norwich connecticut  will be getting 4g lte anytime soon, i know they say we all will have after a certain date but i would like to if it coming anytime soon to my area. Thank you

That I cannot do :smileysad: I do not work for Verizon nor do I ever plan to.  I am just going by what has happened in my area.  Chances are if you have 3G in Norwich then you will definitely get 4G in your area.  They plan by 2013 to have 4G coverage everywhere they have 3G coverage.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello strike01,

I completely understand your anticipation for 4G coverage. Thank you to the community for your engagement. I am not showing that 4G has been implemented in your area as of yet. Below I have provided a link to check the coverage, which I hope benefits you as well as other customers. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/CoverageLocatorController?requesttype=NEWREQUEST&zip=60123&city=E...

Additionally, here is another link for 4G, so you can get updates on coverage areas and much more. 

4G LTE Info

Again, I hope you and other users find this information helpful.

Sincerely, 

0 Likes
strike01

I HEAR Yah but I work on an Indian reservation, they do have 4g, maybe you can see it cause they are a sovereign nation.

0 Likes
Re: New Londen county Connecticut
Tidbits
Legend

strike01 wrote:

I HEAR Yah but I work on an Indian reservation, they do have 4g, maybe you can see it cause they are a sovereign nation.

They probably don't have it.  A tower nearby may have it and they are able to catch signal from that tower.  It's like when Honolulu Airport had 4G and if I walk 3 blocks from my house I get 4G when I go into the peninsula the signal gets stronger.  It may be a case for that area.
0 Likes