Nexaira Router Instructions?
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got my hands on a Nexaira Business Class 2 router in the hopes of increasing my 4G connection's reliability.  However, I haven't had any luck getting connected through it.  I'm hoping someone who has used it in the past can help point me in the right direction.

I contacted Nexaira, and they confirmed that this router has plug-and-play support for LTE.  I plugged in the modem, started the router, and it periodically toggled between being connected and no connection.  It would only connect for 10-20 seconds at a time.  And, when it did connect, the speeds were horrendously slow (sub-dialup speeds).

To anyone who has used this router, I'd be grateful for some tips.  Have I totally missed something?

Many thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nexaira Router Instructions?
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the actual support page from Nexaira: Click Here This is where I received all my information from.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time the device is only supported in EVDO Rev A mode. Please click HERE to download Verizon tool that allows you to change the CDMA preferred mode from eHRPD to EVDO Rev A, after which the card will be compatible with our router in both 3G and LTE.

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zachary,

Thanks for the reply.  But, I'm confused... will switching the modem to EVDO Rev. A. still allow me to connect to the 4G LTE network at the high speeds?  Thanks,

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Yes it will still let you run at the fastest speed available.

0 Likes
tradelegs_q

Zachary, we're struggling to find the other setup instructions for the Nexaira BC2 Pantech UML290 combination.

what is the login and password?    Please point us in the right direction.   Thank you.

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

dmc271 wrote:

I contacted Nexaira, and they confirmed that this router has plug-and-play support for LTE.  I plugged in the modem, started the router, and it periodically toggled between being connected and no connection.  It would only connect for 10-20 seconds at a time.  And, when it did connect, the speeds were horrendously slow (sub-dialup speeds).

An update: I was using an older version of the router's firmware.  The latest version AG1.2.4.3 (and also the .62 version) support the UML290 automatically.  Just plug it in, wait for it to connect, and go.  I did not have to switch to EVDO Rev. A.

I'm currently testing the router's ability to keep me online.  Will post my findings...

Cheers,

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the actual support page from Nexaira: Click Here This is where I received all my information from.

0 Likes