No 4G LTE Service in Beech Mtn. NC
beechmtnncverizonissu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will be moving to Beech Mtn. NC this summer and am very disappointed that Verizon reception is spotty at best and NO LTE signal anywhere on the mountain. Apparently Verizon partners with Carolina West Wireless in this area which only offers 3G reception. My wife has CWW and although she is limited to 3G, her reception is excellent thanks to CWW's antenna at the top of the mountain. Verizon's nearest antenna is at the bottom of the mountain in Banner Elk, which of course gives me good LTE  reception on my iPhone 5 when I'm down there. Sorry that I just renewed my contract with Verizon if they can't provide decent cell reception and LTE at our new home on top of Beech Mountain. Would be interested to hear anyone else who is disappointed with Verizon in this area.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No 4G LTE Service in Beech Mtn. NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn! Thanks for trying. We have a Network Team that works non-stop to find nooks and crannies in the U.S. that can benefit from additional Verizon Wireless coverage so you can enjoy that great service you've come to love in other areas for many years. Unfortunately, all of those additions do take a lot of time and approvals from all sorts of people. The Beech Mountain area has definitely caught our eye for a place to improve upon, but I don't have a date to provide as to when stronger service may make it's way there. I do hope we're able to continue as your wireless provider.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there beechmtnncverizonissues,

Congrats on the new home. I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible. I'm sorry for the reception issues out there. I would like to take a closer look to see what we can do to improve your service in that area.

I have reviewed the area and you are inbetween our coverage area and an extended network coverage area so signal may vary in this area. Which make and model device do you have? Do the issues primarily occur indoors or outdoors as well? Does it effect voice and text messaging as well?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
beechmtnncverizonissu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi NicholasB,

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4s to 5 hoping to benefit from Verizon's 4G LTE "nationwide" coverage, but discovered that's impossible most everywhere within Beech Mountain. The best I can do is occasional 3G from "Extended Network

" which I assume is from Carolina West Wireless. Ironically, the worst reception for both voice and data occurs at the top of the mountain on Oz Road (5400' MSL) and there is almost no voice or data reception within the walls of our home under construction. Our builder lives up top as well and has similar issues with his Verizon reception. I would wager that if Verizon would place an antenna up top (along with the others up there) you would be able to serve the entire Beech Mountain community (especially during ski season). Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi beechmtnncverizonissues,

I know how frustrating it is to have poor service, especally as you're in a transition time of moving. You can try resetting network settings when you're in a Verizon service area to make sure you're up to date with your roaming capabilities. http://vz.to/Kyv1Yd  Be sure not to try this while you're on Extended Network. Wait until you are in a Verizon area to complete the steps. Let us know if this was of help to you, and improved your service!

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beechmtnncverizonissu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks very much MichelleH, I updated as suggested. Unfortunately, there just isn't adequate Verizon coverage in the Beech Mountain area, so I'll switch providers if service hasn't improved by late next summer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn! Thanks for trying. We have a Network Team that works non-stop to find nooks and crannies in the U.S. that can benefit from additional Verizon Wireless coverage so you can enjoy that great service you've come to love in other areas for many years. Unfortunately, all of those additions do take a lot of time and approvals from all sorts of people. The Beech Mountain area has definitely caught our eye for a place to improve upon, but I don't have a date to provide as to when stronger service may make it's way there. I do hope we're able to continue as your wireless provider.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Scott12345678
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem just got a new phone went to beech mountain  didn't work at all... my old s9 use to work up there. Verison I have noticed is going downhill with new technology. Not to mention Victra and Verizon.  So much for being a loyal company to consumers.  Not to mention the sales person that sold me the phone might as well worked at a car dealership. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you experience the best service on your new device and we are here to help. We sent a Private Note to assist you. ~Geo

0 Likes