No 4G or 3G service - laptop will not connect to Hotspot even when working
yguess007

I got my phone just before Thanksgiving and I have had nothing but problems with it.  I have a Droid Razr, and I am so frustrated I am ready to go to the Verizon store and have a hissy fit on some poor clerk.  

Whenever these network issues happen, I seem to get no service.  I would be happy to just lose 4G, but no I get nothing... just the error message saying that their is no service.   Four white bars that tells me it sees something, but no 3G or 4G icons... very occasionally I get to see the 1X icon, but still get constant network errors trying to connect.  I did the upgrade when it came out and I thought the issue had been fixed, but that didn't last long. 

Additionally I have been on the phone with tech services several times, trying to get my laptop to connect to the WIFI hotspot, and have had no success.  I keep on being told that somebody will get back to me but they don't.   I just don't understand it.  My PS3 gets on the network, so does my roommates notebook, my dad's droid connected... but for whatever reason the brand new Lenovo laptop will not.  I know the issue is not the laptop because it connects fine at work and other hotspots.   If I connect by a direct tether it works fine, but being the charging ability of being connected this way sucks!... you kill the phone's battery before a movie is over. Just hope that it buffered to see the end, or take a "timeout"... grughhh!!! 

Why am paying for this service that doesn't work as intended or advertised.   In what language does Motorola mean masochist?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4G or 3G service - laptop will not connect to Hotspot even when working
masimons

My Nexus, which I got for tethering/hot spot, didn't work today, or the last time either when it just said 3G was only available.

Got the "Error - no AM service" whatever that means.

I dumped Sprint because of the lack of 4G in San Diego, but at least it did work in 3G.

0 Likes
panzer06

on the moto xoom you can force 3g only in settings.  thats been woking can u do the same in ur phones.  it doesnt fail back to 3g when i pick cdma/lte instead of cdma only.  

cheers,

0 Likes
tiptoe

i got my gnex on dec 16th , now when the 4g service crashed on the 17 or 18th or when ever that was,  my hotspot would turn on then say error...    i called support and they tried everything and i ended up gettign a new phone.   now today, it crashed again. 4g that is.  and now my phone does it again.    the best part, i dont even live in a 4g area, and it screws my phone up bad.

How long did it take for your hotspot to work again after the outage?????   it just says error to me.

again..

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

0 Likes