No 4G service in home anymore
Wkirk00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the last system update, i no longer have 4G signal in my house. I have to go at least a block away to get anything other than 1x. Anyone else having this problem?

I live in zip code 20772. Its not a rural area, but I've always struggled to maintain a good signal in my house. Usually the signal is fine if i go out into the yard. Not lately, though.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No 4G service in home anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having to travel a block away is inconveniencing, Wkirk00. We want you to be able to rely on service at home. Service indoors can present challenges, but we can discuss how to enhance service when possible. You mentioned a system update recently occurred. What device do you have? Do you have access to WiFi?

I reviewed the area for alerts, and we currently do not have any active alerts. When you have 1x at home, what happens when trying to make a call or sending/receiving texts? Do you know if neighbors or friends have similar issues in this location?

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Wkirk00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S6. I do have WiFi, but that doesn't help with calls and

text messages. My email and other apps that use WiFi work just fine in the

house.

With the 1x service, some text messages will send and can be received if

they are short messages and no images or graphics such as emojis - in other

words, not MMS messages. Large text messages or MMS messages will not send

and cannot be received until I leave my neighborhood. I will sometimes

receive the text as a message that needs to download, but it will not

download until I leave my neighborhood.

Incoming phone calls sometimes go straight to voicemail without ever

ringing. Incoming and outgoing calls are choppy and often drop.

I don't know any neighbors who have Verizon, though I'm sure some do. My

immediate neighbor (I live in an end-unit townhouse) has Sprint, and she

has no problems with service in her house.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 8:40 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, Wkirk00. We're glad to hear you have WiFi at home. This can help with calls and text. We would recommend using WiFi calling for phone calls while at home. Here are the steps to set this up, http://spr.ly/6585DqnPX. For messages, you may want to try using Verizon Messages. This can be downloaded from the Playstore. Please test these out while at home and let us know how this goes. 

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes