Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

No 4g connection, 91706
razgrizdemon

i used to live in DC where the 4g connection on my Thunderbolt was super nice. Came back to baldwin park 91706 area in SoCal and now i never pick up a 4g connection.  Yes, i've checked the map in the area and its dark red on the map, meaning i should be getting it.  But my phone is stuck on 3g.  Occasionally I would go to a different area and notice the 4g icon on my phone, but no internet connection when i try it out and i have to wait until 3g kicks in. 

Yes, i've tried:

- Battery pull

- SIM card pull

- Full phone wipe and reboot

- Toggling Radios (setting to LTE only, yada yada)

Ironically, all of my other friend's phones (AT&T and T-Mobile carriers) all carry a strong 4g signal in my area. ....Really?

I would love to try and test the phone in a "strong" LTE area, but i feel like it's a shoot or miss.  I've tried the fullerton area, LA area, Anaheim area, Chino area, etc etc.  Everytime i try to see if I get a 4g connection in another area, it FAILS. 

Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes