No 4g service only 1x
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

600 area of S. Lake Dr. Rockville, IN 47872

The map shows dark red like 4g should be available but there seems like only 1x service in the area.

We have a hotspot and S9 phone both have same results.  Are they about the expand the service in the area?  Or are we always stuck in year 2000 text messages and phone calls only?

0 Likes
Re: No 4g service only 1x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! It breaks our heart to read about the coverages issues you are experiencing. Before we continue, please make sure you don't share any personal information through this public forum. We reviewed the area and we don't have coverage there. We have extended coverage near that area, however, in addition to not having coverage there, there's a body of water that's also challenging coverage in that location. We'd like to learn more about this situation to assist you further. Did you recently move to this area or how long have you been there? Do you have access to Wi-Fi in this location?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you can reach out to me with a private message i will send the exact location.  The map does reflect coverage.  

It is a second home we own so we go there somewhat often.

Correct we do have 1x coverage but not 4g.  since it is summer destination it is worth adding coverage as there are thousand of individuals in the area.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

is the 2nd house on the fringe area of the 4g coverage?

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well pretty much all around the lake has some form of coverage.  It is odd to me we have 3-4 bars of 1x but no 4g imo the tower does not have 4g that is in the area but idk.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In looking over on the map of the area below, regrettably, I must echo the earlier observations that the signal strength in your reported area is less than optimal.

http://verizon.cellmaps.com/

In this link below there's another link labeled "Network real estate inquiries"
http://verizonwireless.com/realestate
On the "Network real estate inquiries" page there's a checklists of requirements needed should you be interested in offering property on which our communications facilities can be located.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I look at teh map and see a dead zone where you claim to be. good news is Verizon is sutting down 1X in jan so you won't have to worry about seign that anymore

0 Likes
beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if they shut down 1x there will be no service not sure why that would be good unless they put 4g on the tower that had 1x

beboyland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand the lack of service but they can borrow time and roam on someone elses service.  One would think they could add their panels and clear up the service area where there are litterly thousands of perm lake houses and campers every week during the spring, summer and fall months

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Always zoom in on maps.  You’re in an area that shows a lot of white on the map.  

0 Likes