No Data when in 3G area only
stuatc

My 4g has been working fine except for the usual few data drops a day which require a battery pull BUT my house is in a 3G only area.  Once again, I get the 3g icon in white at my house and around my town and have no access at all to data.  My local VZW has been no help claiming that it is a vendor issue and we have to wait for a software update from Motorola.  Supposedly some have resolved this issue with a SIM card replacement but my VZW store in East Greenbush, NY doesn't want to offer this solution. 

So, I have this great new phone and once again (as this has happened a few times) I have no data service in 3g only areas.  And yes, I have done the battery pulls, airplane mode, etc and nothing resolves this issue, not even VZW.  This is a complete lack of concern for the customer and I will contine to pay for data that I can't use at home.  GREAT...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Data when in 3G area only
Not applicable

stuatc,

Good morning!  I understand your frustration with the lack of 3G signal. I apologize for any experience that has been less than stellar.  I do know that Motorola is working on upcoming enhancements for Bionic users, what the update will bring has not been communicated at our level. I have not come across many that have resolved this issue by replacing the SIM card, which we can do. You can even get a new SIM card online at no charge from our website. If you would like assistance with ordering a SIM, please private message me.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No Data when in 3G area only
Not applicable

stuatc,

Good morning!  I understand your frustration with the lack of 3G signal. I apologize for any experience that has been less than stellar.  I do know that Motorola is working on upcoming enhancements for Bionic users, what the update will bring has not been communicated at our level. I have not come across many that have resolved this issue by replacing the SIM card, which we can do. You can even get a new SIM card online at no charge from our website. If you would like assistance with ordering a SIM, please private message me.

Thank you!

0 Likes