No LTE Service in Phoenix AZ?
nblade

I was wondering anyone knows if there is an issue with the 4G LTE service in Phoenix? It was working just fine until Sat 4/27/2013. The phone seems to do 3G just fine. I just trying to decide if it's the phone or the network, because I can do something about at least one of those things.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No LTE Service in Phoenix AZ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nblade,

That's not good! We always want you to have the best services possible. Let's get this fixed. What zipcode in Phoenix are you in? What device do you have? Is the issue indoors only? When you leave this area does your 4G LTE return? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
archaepelago

I'm in Flagstaff and LTE seems to have gone down a few days ago.  I only get 3G.  Indoors or out.  I can't pick up LTE anywhere I've been in town over the past few days.

0 Likes
nblade

Zipcode 85281

Device : Droid Bionic

Where does it happen : Everywhere

Current Status: Even Worse, Now I can't even seem to get 3G as of this morning.

I've done the normal items. Cache clearing, Factory reset. I would consider another factor reset except for the fact that at 1x I don't think I could even connect to google to repull my contact info. I personally just find it out that it's gone downhill from last Friday.

0 Likes
SBent

I traveled between Maricopa and Tucson yesterday and experienced the same thing.  It is showing 4G but it is white instead of blue on my notification bar.  Some issues sending text messages, and most worrisome, it is draining my battery rather quickly.  My husband is experiencing the same issue on his Bionic.

Any cause or solution yet??

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i've had no issues? i usually have wifi on, but obviously when i'm running around it switches to LTE and i haven't noticed any problems. i turned off wifi just to make sure, and opened a few apps that require data, and everything is good. i'm in phoenix and live near 7th St and the 101 and work near 32nd and Camelback, travel all over the valley. no issues?
Screenshots_2013-05-02-08-12-59.png

i have a note II so i'm thinking it's your device, not the network.

0 Likes
nblade

Considering the fact that I ended up with 1x this morning, I'm leaning towards a device issue. I ended up just ordering a new device. Not what I really wanted to do but sometimes you have not choice.

0 Likes
SBent

It appears to be intermittent, for me at least.  I have not experienced complete outage at all but, there is definitely something not right.  I rarely use wifi because of unlimited data.  I have now turned on my wifi but, the network connection is still hammering my battery.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It Could be Sim Card that's the issue  you have to remember your 4G comes from the Card not the phone the Card give the phone the ability to acquire the 4G and if it's messed up in any way the phone will In-cure issues working with the system i would have that Sim checked before changing the phone Out..

nblade

Well the new phone came with a new SIM card. The old one was a mini SIM while the new phone has a Micro SIM. After a bit of an issue activating the phone, the new phone works. Because of the issues they had activating the SIM card, I'm wondering if the old phone was fine and it was just some sort of technical glitch on their end. It would have been nice if I knew someone with a micro SIM that could use to test that hypothesis. Of course If I did I would have tried that first. 

0 Likes