No Mobile Data on my Droid Charge
daveshouse

Please forgive me as there are hundreds of posts concerning this problem, but I need to post a new thread because I cannot believe this is still an issue. 

A few months ago I completely lost my 3G and 4G connection although I was able to still get m WIFI. I did all of the reboots, battery pulls, factory restores blah blah blah nothing worked so I brought it back to verizon. It turned out that I needed another SIM card, so they replaced it, reactivated it and for the past several months it has been working great.

A few days ago, I had received the OS/Firmware upgrade to 2.63 and just today my mobile connections have been dropping constantly. If I do an reboot, airplane mode, or system selection toggle, it will go to 4g for about a minute or 2 then drop out. It won't even switch back to 3g. The only way that I can get 3G to work to put it in CDMA home mode only and still it will drop in and out. 

I removed the SIM card and the battery and waited for a couple of minutes and booted the phone back up - same problem

I reset the phone to factory defaults 

I tried to reactivate the phone, through the phone and website, nothing worked

Looks like I will have to bring it in tommorow. And either have them switch another card again or maybe replace the phone I don't know.

What I really want to know is how many other people are currently having this problem and if Verizon or Samsung is aware of this and working on it, or are they still pretending that they haven't heard anything about this issue which is how they responded to this in the past? I can't find any definitive answers to this anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Mobile Data on my Droid Charge
omgitsaray

I'm having the same problem after the new software update, can only get intermittent 3g if I switch to cdma network... *sigh*

0 Likes
daveshouse

It looks like that's what the issue might be. Do you know if there's a way to roll it back?

0 Likes
G_H

Same issue here, I'm calling my VZ business rep right now to see what he proposes.  Will let you all know what he says.  Freaking updates.

G

0 Likes
Kingfox

Same issue here as well, started last night.  Glad to see I'm not alone.

0 Likes
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think there is a nationwide data outage issue. I've been having 4g issues (Sim card error for 4g), and even 3g/1x data issues (No data connection) since yesterday morning...

0 Likes
OzYbOi

I was told last night that there is an outage but that was as much as the person could tell me, other than to get my details and forward them to their network peeps.  I'm approaching 24hrs now without being able to maintain a data connection for more than 2 or 3 mins at a time, if I can even get one...

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

please note, this has ZERO to do with your Charge (or phone specific).  users among other phones are having similar experiences.

my advice, just turn off your mobile data and check back periodically - otherwise, your phone will drain the battery looking for a data connection that is not there yet.

0 Likes
scottmfe

Yep, no 4G here in NYC since last night... so you're not alone at the moment!

0 Likes
jairzinho

Ditto for me in NYC.

In a way, I'm glad it's network thing and not my phone. Hope they have it back up soon.

0 Likes