Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
CincinnatiDan
Member

I just read that Verizon is not going to be getting the Galaxy S2.  I've been waiting for this phone for months.  I plan on getting this phone, even if I have to switch wireless providers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I see all these posts about the Samsung S2 not coming to VZW.

 

Isn't Samsung the company eveyone was upset with for not pushing Android updates unless VZW paid them for every phone that received it and swore they would neve buy another????

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Oh yeah. The Samsung Fascinate update to FroYo. I remember that. :smileywink:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
longbowshang
Member

I always got the lower performance cell phone from verizon. No evo 3d in verizon and no LG optimus and no HTC sensation. Verizon is always backward technique  in handset terminal.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

longbowshang wrote:

I always got the lower performance cell phone from verizon. No evo 3d in verizon and no LG optimus and no HTC sensation. Verizon is always backward technique  in handset terminal.


Actually rumor has it Verizon IS getting the S2, but it's not part of the family.  Look up Nexus Prime which is rumored to go to Verizon first.

 

If you want the actually Galaxy name...  You will have to go to another provider, but if you just want the hardware well get the Nexus Prime.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
longbowshang
Member

My 2 years contract has been due now. when can I get the nexus prime? Who believe the nexus prime will be in verizon? Two months ago I was waiting for the S2. Now I can not get it in verizon.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

longbowshang wrote:

My 2 years contract has been due now. when can I get the nexus prime? Who believe the nexus prime will be in verizon? Two months ago I was waiting for the S2. Now I can not get it in verizon.


Rumor has it sometime in the next 2 months.  It's anyones guess really.  There are current no S2 device coming to the US until Sept at the earliest in any rumors out right now.  So best shot may be the Prime comes out first before any S2 devices or somewhere inbetween now or the end of the year.
I don't mind waiting...  Chances are something better will come around and by the time my upgrade comes around there will probably 4-10 devices better out.  :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
CincinnatiDan
Member

I think Verizon better announce something before 09/16/2011, when Sprint releases its S2, or Verizon will lose some customers.  I'm liking the rumors that Verizon will be getting an S2 variant with better specs and a Super Amoled HD screen, but I don't want to wait 6 months to get it.  I've been waiting for a smartphone since April, and really had my eyes on the S2.  Verizon just sat there in silence, letting all of the rumors about the Verizon Function (S2) float around.

0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

CincinnatiDan wrote:

I think Verizon better announce something before 09/16/2011, when Sprint releases its S2, or Verizon will lose some customers.  I'm liking the rumors that Verizon will be getting an S2 variant with better specs and a Super Amoled HD screen, but I don't want to wait 6 months to get it.  I've been waiting for a smartphone since April, and really had my eyes on the S2.  Verizon just sat there in silence, letting all of the rumors about the Verizon Function (S2) float around.


Then don't wait.  It's just a phone and in a few months something better will come out...
The Prime is 'rumored' to be going to Verizon, and is the next ADP and will have gingerbread.  That is also made by Samsung and probably the reason why Verizon isn't going to be releasing a GS2...  The Prime is one, but not really one at the same time.
0 Likes
Re: No Verizon Samsung Galaxy S2
Miss_Smiley
Member

The problem here is if the Galaxy S2 were to come out later on, the trade in deal would be gone by then..they should have brought in the Galaxy S2..I'm a basic phone user and was seriously thinking about upgrading to the Galaxy S2 as it's the only one I've had interest in..but that's obviously not happening.  I would buy it over the ones coming out

0 Likes