No internet even with 4 LTE Bars (Get More Unlimited Plan)
Tahouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to know why I pay more for the highest unlimited plan if Verizon can't even deliver a reliable internet signal with 4 bars of LTE? I am literally less than a mile from the cell tower in Frisco, Tx and I have 4 bars and can't get any internet. I have had two different iPhone Xs's and my wife has an XR and none of them can get any internet without wifi at my location. I'm also on the highest plan so I know it's not a prioritization issue. What is going on?

0 Likes
Re: No internet even with 4 LTE Bars (Get More Unlimited Plan)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer myself so I get wanting to make sure that you get internet on your phone. I would love to help. What speeds are you getting? www.speedtest.net Does this only happen indoor or outdoors? Does it improve when you leave the area? -Amber

0 Likes
BrentWhitfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is that almost anywhere in Frisco, outside, we get lots of bars and says LTE  or 5G but can't send texts or use the internet.  Phone calls sort of work a little better, but it seems like you have cell coverage but no bandwidth to handle the traffic.  My family moved from LA to Frisco and we all have big issues with Verizon.  our family members with AT&T phones seem to be better off than us Verizon customers.  It's really bad in the Legacy area.  No coverage at all there even though we get bars and it says 5g

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you done any troubleshooting steps such as restarting your devices? Do you have roaming enabled? *Joshua

BrentWhitfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the quick reply.  I reboot my phone all the time.  Same issue persists for 2 other family members.  Data Roaming is on as is voic & data is set to "5g On" and data Mode is "Allow more data on 5g"

Tahouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have rebooted every device many times and I have every data setting enabled. I feel like I should get a refund for a service Verizon has failed to deliver.

jarnold63
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done all that and still phone shows 3 bars and LTE but have no data.

0 Likes
BrentWhitfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

might have improved things by changing from 5G On to 5G Auto and now that the radio can downshift to LTE, things have improved.  Battery life improved as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What ZIP Code are you experiencing this issue in? *Estevan

0 Likes