No service with 2 bars of LTE
Clivehamilton77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I routinely have 1 or 2 bars of 4g LTE but when I turn of my WiFi I have absolutely no device. What is the point of the bars if it doesn’t indicate any type of signal strength?

thank you. 

Re: No service with 2 bars of LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clivehamilton77, it's important to us that your services are always working as they should be. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. There isn't a standard unit of measurement for the number of bars displayed on your phone. Since different device models have varying antennas and radios within them, each radio will be different. Accordingly, the bars is simply how the phone is able to report back to the base station. You can have full bars but experience slow signal when a tower is congested or at capacity. Currently, I'm getting one bar of service. The service itself however is just fine and calls, texts and data (with over 70Mbps download and 23Mbps upload speeds on LTE) are working without issue. Are you having an actual issue with your services? If so, what issue(s) are you experiencing? 

-Ebony

0 Likes
bullitt4514
Enthusiast - Level 1

Slowhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/Tgv4NJaMgi8D3dom6

This is the speeds I see with 1-2 bars. Phone is unusable. Can't even make an income with instacart it is so slow.

Awins
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sh it’s  been doing the same thing for months! Calling Verizon does nothing I even went into the store was treated so f ucking  poor I can’t wait until I have this phone paid off after 10 plus years I’m leaving Verizon the customer service is awful. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you have the service you're paying for, Awins. A lot of things can happen where you'll see signal but service isn't working properly. Is it all service with your phone that isn't working, or is specific to data or texts or something similar? *Zaak

0 Likes
DaveVer1zon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wors customer service 😒 

Connection week, coverage worst yet, the bar almost always 1 bar only and takes 4ever to open pages, went to store at Federal  Way the stuff is incompetent, rude and didn't do nothing, and better yet not informed they didn't tell me the tower was down, I knew from Att, and didn't care or make any offer to retain me as client, I'm switching to Att but ultimately all are very below the average, t mobile got best and fastest 5g download upload but the connection drops a lot and several time no coverage so paying 50 unlimited isn't worth in any of US providers 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaveVer1zon we understand the need for reliable service, and are sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're encountering with your connection. We would hate to lose your preference, and want to do all we can to help. For further assistance, we'll be sending a Private Note. 

~Izzy

0 Likes