No signal until re-start
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

We got a new tower approximately 1.5 miles from our home around the beginning of the year.  We had 4G great signal for about a month.  Now our phones show no bars at all and do not indicate 3g or 4g (nothing next to the wedge that shows signal).  This happens several times a day and no service until phone is restarted.

Zip 71060.

(2) Samsung Galaxy S5`s

No new apps or downloads

What's up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No signal until re-start
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcook1585 Let's make sure we get your signal working again. We are not showing any alerts in the area at this time. Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both? Are you still able to make/receive calls and messages?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both inside & out.  Cannot make or receive calls or texts until phone is restarted.  Comes back on showing 4g & working but does not stay.  After a while happens again.

0 Likes
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I answered but maybe not.

Happens both inside & out.  Cannot receive or make calls, send or receive messages & no network connection until we restart phones.  Then will have service for a while (maybe hours or even days).

Does not happen in other areas.  Only near home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcook1585 We definitely want to make sure that you are able to have a consistent connection. Can you tell me how long you have been experiencing this signal fluctuation in and near your home? Also, have you done a network reset? 

You can do this by navigating to your settings>backup and reset>Reset network settings then tap on RESET SETTINGS.

Kevin_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been occurring for about 3 weeks.  Yes, have done network reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcook1585, rest assured we will do everything we can to get your data signal working correctly. We appreciate your time and patience too. Let’s continue troubleshooting by initiating a quick Device Health Check from your phone by following these steps:

1. From the Home screen, tap the My Verizon app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon (upper-left) then tap Devices.
  3. Tap Manage to choose the appropriate device.
  4. From the Manage tab, tap Run health check.

From the Device Health Check page, tap any of the following items then follow instructions to make improvements: Items that can be improved are listed next to an exclamation mark inside a red or yellow circle. Please share the results with our team.- RobertC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

We did this on both phones.  Mine had colored notices on storage & battery.

His had them on VZ support - missing or needs attention & app with ad plug in installed.

Both said "on a preferred setting" under Network.  Everything under Connectivity had a check mark.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all you've tried so far, dcook1585. I'm eager to get your phones working as they should be. Have either of the phones been dropped or wet at all? Do you know if others in the area are experiencing similar issues?

Did anything change/improve after you did the reset?    

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
dcook1585
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has only had this issue 2 or 3 times & not in a week or more.

My husband's on the other hand does it almost every day.

No, they have not been wet or dropped.

No better after reset.  It will keep the signal for a few hours & then it goes away again.

I have no one in the area to ask about theirs.

0 Likes