Not a happy Verizon customer
john51
Contributor - Level 1

I have been with Verizon about 3 1/2 years, I used to be with them a few years back. I moved to Charlotte NC and where I live the reception is terrible. They admit that, there are plans to add a tower but no one knows when that will happen. I had to get a network extender, that stopped locking in to a GPS, I got 2 more. Both stopped working. I called Verizon and said you cannot give me adequate service and I would like out of my contract. They said no even though there are many tickets on the issues. They said I would need to pay an early termination fee. They said its not their problem I moved. I am not in the back woods either. I have a work phone AT&T and it is fine. My calls drop as soon as I enter my parking lot in my apartment.

I dropped data and am using a flip phone. This is horrible customer service in my opinion. I would have been happy with some deal from them and down the road I would consider using them again. Now they lost a customer when my contract is up. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and even bought a tablet after the 3rd network extender worked for awhile. I am surprised at their attitude. Its like well we will open another ticket and replace the network extender and hope it works longer than 2 months.

Oh well, I am gone when I can.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not a happy Verizon customer
Not applicable

If you can use T-Mobile where You are they pay off early termination fees. http://www.tmobile.com

You will need to trade your old device in, and the unlimited everything plan is $70 per month . you can use the device payment plan over 24 months no interest or fees.

Good Luck

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

That is a definite option, T-Mobile doesn't have any stores here. I will give them a call. I have thought about. I wish AT&T did that. I get a company discount with them.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

They give corporate discounts also.

Good Luck

0 Likes
john51
Contributor - Level 1

For now I cut back my plan to phone only and no data and am forwarding calls to my work phone. I will use my work smart phone more and more. This is my personal line but have a work phone on AT&T which works well. This maintains the number and I can use the phone for out bound calls when not at home and also will use my home phone evenings and weekends.

We have corporate discounts only with AT&T and Verizon. I was happy with Verizon until the 3rd network extender stopped finding a GPS signal. I think this is happened with the 2 as well. At this point they have never offered a discount for trouble and have admitted this area is an issue and they are trying to get a tower here. I told them service was fine before I moved and they said that was not their fault. I live in Charlotte NC and there should be coverage especially since AT&T both have it.

Oh well this will work for now. I have Verizon reads this and understands they have lost a customer.

0 Likes