Not so unlimited
Dgm1220

The worst thing I ever did was switch to the new so called “unlimited “ plan. For years I had been grandfathered into the original Unlimited plan. It was fast and reliable, however after the need to upgrade phones we decided to renew into the new “unlimited plan”. BAD DECISION! Can’t load videos, can’t load pictures, slow, slow, slooooowwww! When I called to complain they said Am at the bottom of the priority list, and to get faster internet I would have to pay more! More? I’m paying over $300 for 4 lines?! After this contract I’m done with verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Not so unlimited
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan did you switch to? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Not so unlimited
rcschnoor
Legend

If you were told you were at the "bottom of the priority list", it sounds as if you got the lowest tier of unlimited. If you don't want to worry about being at the "bottom of the priority list" and want to stream videos/etc..., you must switch to at least the PlayMoreUnlimited plan which will give you 25 GB of data before having to worry about any "priority list".

Additionally, if you are paying over $300 for 4 lines, there are charges on your account for other items IN ADDITION to your cost of service. The cost of service for 4 lines on the lowest tier of unlimited data should be MUCH lower than $300/month, probably something like $160/month including taxes/fees. It sounds as if you are bunching in multiple phone payments in with the cost of your service plan. The cost of SERVICE with PlayMoreUnlimited for 4 lines should be around $200/month. Anything above that would be optional items such as insurance/phone payments/etc...

0 Likes