Novatel Wireless MiFi4510L stops every 30 minutes
kentiler

I have a Novatel MiFi4510L in a 4G area.  I have found that about every 30 minutes web/ftp traffic stops being transmitted, but Outlook can still send/receive email to an Exchange server. 

I end up logging into the device, clicking disconnect, then clicking connect, and all works again for about 30 minutes. 

I've had a support case open with Verizon for over 4 weeks now, and they have not called me once to troubleshoot.  I've received a few calls that have said they found the issue and it should be working now - it wasn't though.

I am so frustrated I can't even begin to describe it.  I can't believe they haven't contacted me to replace it, or at least try or check configuration settings!

--Kent

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Novatel Wireless MiFi4510L stops every 30 minutes
jsz1

I have the same issue -- and even recorded it / posted to youtube.  See: http://community.vzw.com/t5/4G-Discussion/4g-Network-HTTP-FTP-constantly-drops-out-after-30-minutes-...

FYI - I swapped the device 3 times --- same issue with all devices.

JSZ

0 Likes
Not applicable

I apologize for the delay.  I will PM and get some info from you so we can expedite the resolution for you.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you check that other thread you will see my post but don't get new device, it's not devices it's the 4G and it will keep happening.  If you can return it and wait till they fix it or go with someone else, I don't see them fixing this anytime soon though. 

0 Likes
kentiler

Yep - got my replacement device and the same thing is happening.  This is crazy Verizon!  The customer rep that was even helping me and supposedly was escalating this to a new tech support team just stopped responding to me as well.

It's been a real pain! 

--Kent

0 Likes
MarMer

When my unit was doing this I was told to go to the Web-based user interface and set the Power setting to never turn off.  It seems to have helped for a few days and then it started turning off from time to time, but not as often as before.  Strangely, MS did it latest updates on my Windows system two days ago and the unit has not turned off since.  We shall see. . . .

0 Likes
burlhall

Which windows operating system are you using?  I am wanting to "upgrade" to MIFI4510L but concerned about the disconnects that many people have reported.  I use Windows 7.

0 Likes
MarMer

I use Windows 7.  Remarkably, it is doing great since that time.  My grandkids were even able to watch a movie on my laptop when we took a 2 hour drive last weekend. It has shut down only once since then..  After reading this again my problem may have been different.  My unit actually shut down - when to the amber light mode.  Is yours only loosing connection?

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you guys are talking about two different problems.  The problem the OP mentioned initially is very commen with the Verizon LTE service, it loses the ability to route data through network, small packets still work and existing connections still work but anything new (like new webpage, etc) will hang.  To be honest this has gotten much better over the last few months, so not sure if they have discovered the problem and are slowly fixing it or what.  It also seem to be more prevalent at the outer limits of the coverage versus right in the middle but that is just my uneducated observation.

It's still annoying and as someone who has fought with it since December it's infuriating.

0 Likes
kentiler

Plus the fact that they won't admit it.  They keep saying it's a problem with my device and are going to recommend I swap to a different 4G device since they already swapped this one out!

--Kent

0 Likes