Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
zoso20

Had a user bring in his laptop that has been working finefor a couple of months with aPantech UML290. Friday it would  not connect and it now gets a WMC2002 error. I am not able to find any info on this error.

Any ideas or pointers on how to solve this one?

Laptop stats;

IBM Lenovo R61

Win XP SP3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks! I also got your personal message and replied. Please have a look at it and let me know. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor

Uninstall VZAccess completely and all iterations of it.

Install the latest VZAccess for the card from http://www.vzam.net.

It should work now, if it prompts you to do a firmware update, DO IT, then reboot when it tells you to.

Even when all set and done reboot the computer and it will work fine.

0 Likes
zoso20

Did all that and rebooted and I am still getting the same error.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor

Do a SIM card reset as it will FORCE it to redo all the settings fresh from the VZW network.

Shut-off computer. Take USB modem out. Remove SIM card physically. Wait 10 seconds. Put it back in. Put modem back into computer. Boot computer.

0 Likes
zoso20

still getting the same error after the force reset

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great troubleshooting, community members! Zoso20, if this hasn't been fixed yet, please send me a personal message with your name and phone number. Thanks!

0 Likes
rcleveland

I work for a Non-Profit, and they just got a bunch of these.

The very first one I tried to install keeps giving this error message no matter what I do.

Have un-installed, re-installed, sim remove and re-insert, nothing.

Have changed USB ports, did the firmware update (on very first install, has not asked about it again).

Odd thing is, that there is now a network port accociated with it, and it keeps going into a disabled state.

It is getting really annoying.

I have about 10-15 of these yet to install on other systems, and if a solid solution is not available I am going to recommend they just return all of them and keep the 3G cards we have now.

I am not impressed so far with this card.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks! I also got your personal message and replied. Please have a look at it and let me know. Thanks!

0 Likes
dsm382

I just tried everything i see here and it fixed the first error message but now i have this one  the WMC2002

how do i get past it ?

0 Likes
dsm382

DOH!! that's what I get for trusting the folks in OUR office they tell me everything.

I just got off the phone with Dion and he was VERY VERY helpful.

turns out it was NOT a Verizon problem, it was our company had not activated this card yet.

I am up online working.

Once again thank you to Dion for all the help and the VERY QUICK response.....

0 Likes