Re: Pantech UML290 WMC2002 error
JLC_Clovis

Thanks for this helpful forum! Just got my new Pantech modem, ran through the installation and kept stalling at the connection with a WMC2002 error. After reading the messages here I realized what had happened--turns out that I'd neglected to call and activate it. Du'oh, indeed! The telephone support rep was great and now I'm up and running with blazing speed. Between this forum and the Verizon telephone support what could have been a very frustrating Friday night has turned into a very pleasant one.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

And I'm thankful to you all! I hadn't any idea what Error WMC2002 meant until this came up! Have a great day everyone!

0 Likes
tdrknt1

Not sure if this will help or not. Recently working on a customers computer Windows Xp sp3 would get error 2114 connection error with the pantech ulm290. This was solved once I went to My computer then to Program files then to to verizon folder to the firmware folder click on the .exe firmware upgrade. After this was done the drive installed on reboot and connected fine to the internet. Hope this helps... . 

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

I believe that does help! Thanks for sharing, tdrknt1!

0 Likes
sbchung611

Good afternoon Dion!

Would I also be able to PM you check my activation? I am receiving this same error but I'm unsure of the activation status. Thanks!

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

sbchung611 wrote:

Good afternoon Dion!

Would I also be able to PM you check my activation? I am receiving this same error but I'm unsure of the activation status. Thanks!

Hi sbchung611! I would welcome a PM!

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

Just think about all the people that come on to this forum and scream and yell that it's all Verizon's fault that the modem does not work and come to find out it's on there end! At least the members in this thread are man enough to admit that it was there end. God forbid some come on here and say anything positive.

Here is my speedtest reading that is pretty much consistant all day long.

http://speedtest.net/result/1418682460.png

0 Likes
jamiechan0723

I am an Indirect Agent for Verizon wireless.  This fixed the problem I was having and I really appreciate you posting.

0 Likes
marjac

I have an activated UML290 Worked fine fo awhile. Last night I got booted offline 5 times. Getting a bunch of erros. Well...that did not take long...got booted off writing this post.

I have gotten..no sim card error...took out rebooted, ect.

WMC2002 error. restart..error gone.

And error 1324  when I try to ugrade Vcast manager. Acting strange. I get an error too when I connect as it tries to discover data useage.

Frustrated. Any Verizon rep here that can help? This is a new device, about 1 week old. Worked great until last night. Now, all kind of errors.

thanks,

Mark

ps. downloaded latest vcast from http://vzam.net  but it will not install. I get an error on a mydocuments file.

0 Likes
marjac

been kicked offline 4 times since I wrote post...in a half hour. 

Got error code wmc104

useage code wmc1097

along with the other codes.

0 Likes