Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Brandon_GG

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could guide me to where I can find out how to connect to the 4g network via a dialup connection, and if someone could send me a .inf file to configure my USB Modem drivers. I'm not able to install the software as it's not approved on my work laptop, but I believe this will work...I know it's possible because I've read about it before on this vzw site but I haven't been able ti find it again once I needed it.

All help would be great.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

You might be confusing the task with making the Pantech USB 290 work under Linux & Apple.  The upshot of that was:

Yes it works under Linux, but only in a solid 4G location,    OR   in a solid 3G location when you cripple-down the modem to lock it in 3G only.    Neither option makes any use of the Access Manager software that -as far as I know- is the only thing that  switches between 4G & 3G automatically.

Verizon produced an Apple version of Access Manager.

By "dialup" do you mean a wired phone line modem?  When we get our wireless modem plans we're issued a wireless phone number - basically our modems are data crunching wireless phones. 

What happens if/when you plug the phone number into an old fashioned phone-line modem is going to be very interesting.  Keep us informed.

0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Creamocat

No, it is about how you connect with the modem and driver. I have the same problem, it defaults into using a NDIS driver which is designed to appear similar to a NIC, and we can't find a way to access it for instance before the windows logon. I will keep looking and let you know if I find the answer, very annoying.

0 Likes