Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Brandon_GG

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could guide me to where I can find out how to connect to the 4g network via a dialup connection, and if someone could send me a .inf file to configure my USB Modem drivers. I'm not able to install the software as it's not approved on my work laptop, but I believe this will work...I know it's possible because I've read about it before on this vzw site but I haven't been able ti find it again once I needed it.

All help would be great.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Neander
Novice

You might be confusing the task with making the Pantech USB 290 work under Linux & Apple.  The upshot of that was:

Yes it works under Linux, but only in a solid 4G location,    OR   in a solid 3G location when you cripple-down the modem to lock it in 3G only.    Neither option makes any use of the Access Manager software that -as far as I know- is the only thing that  switches between 4G & 3G automatically.

Verizon produced an Apple version of Access Manager.

By "dialup" do you mean a wired phone line modem?  When we get our wireless modem plans we're issued a wireless phone number - basically our modems are data crunching wireless phones. 

What happens if/when you plug the phone number into an old fashioned phone-line modem is going to be very interesting.  Keep us informed.

0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML290 connect via dialup
Creamocat

No, it is about how you connect with the modem and driver. I have the same problem, it defaults into using a NDIS driver which is designed to appear similar to a NIC, and we can't find a way to access it for instance before the windows logon. I will keep looking and let you know if I find the answer, very annoying.

0 Likes