Pantech UML290 issue with latest VZAM and firmware
BMadden

Since upgrading to the latest VZAM version 7.6.4.4.(2672s) and modem firmware L0290VWB522F.242, I am having an annoying issue.  Every few minutes, I am getting a pop-up in the system tray saying "Local Area Connection 9...A network cable is unplugged".  This is the network connection for the Pantech UML 290. 

This did not happen until install of the lastest software.  The mesage pops up and then disappears on its own.  Nothing is affected by this, the modem is not unplugged and the connection does not drop. 

Anyone else seen this behavior?  I'm running a Toughbook with Win XP Pro SP3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pantech UML290 issue with latest VZAM and firmware
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

I can confirm to you I have/had the same experience, 

but I've found it to be no "biggie" and ignored it to no detriment that I can tell.   Among minor problems, I've noticed my speakers have stopped crackling like geiger-counters when I'm on line now.

I've found I  have to start up my FTP program (to snag the ports) before I boot up Access Manager.

Lately things have been pretty good for me.  There were much bigger problems before.

' Just lettin you know you're not alone on that one.

0 Likes
BMadden

First let me say thank you for your response.  I agree with you no real biggie, and  it is more of an annoyance at this point.  It does sometimes cause me a distraction as I am using this in a mobile data setting.  I am glad to learn that it is not a setting or malfunction of my equipment, and it is not my imagination.  :smileyhappy:  

I'm hoping someone from Verizon will see this and report to the proper division for a fix in the next update.

0 Likes
richie1777

Same issue after the usual upgrade issues. Mine is "local area connection 18". this one is annoying but it does come back after 5 seconds. seems to happen every 2 minutes.

Also, If you automatically update the firmware, the UML290 can't find the driver and you can't get back online. from now on always download the update first and then upgrade it manually. saves a headache or 2.

0 Likes
gwendlin
I had the same problem with a newly acquired Pantech UML290. Just with XP, not with Vista or Windows 7. I found a solution on another forum. XP does not come with IPv6 installed. When I installed IPv6, the messages stopped appearing every 2 minutes. Instructions for installing IPv6 on XP can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sag_ip_v6_pro_inst.ms...
0 Likes
richie1777

Thanks! enabling IPv6 worked. Annoying problem, felt like being taxed for airtime. thanks again!

0 Likes