Re: Pathetic lack of 4G phones with no physical keyboard
Not applicable

Thank you for your inquiry. 

Unfortunately we do not have that information at this time.  We normally do communicate new products a few weeks or months before they are released. I would suggest using the link Ed posted to sign up for alerts on new products and services. 

0 Likes
kemo

Bummer... oh well, looks like I'll be hanging onto my money and letting my contract expire.  

Whatever happened to LTE Advanced and Wimax Advanced being the REAL 4g?

0 Likes
PatrickBrankey
http://www.vzbuzz.com/2011/07/samsung-android-lte-slider-reappears-in-the-wild-sports-android-2-3-4/ This will be verizon's first 4g LTE slider phone with full keyboard. Just thought i would let you know. There is no exact release date on it though. I could only imagine the fact there is no name just yet for the phone that it would be hard to even find some more information on the phone.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It's a shame that it's closer to the Epic than the Galaxy S II.  Looks like Verizon will continue releasing lte on old hardware at least until the Bionic gets here.

0 Likes
WallopingWillis

Have been a Verizon customer since 2003 and for the first time in my life I have the money I'm willing to commit to a data plan. I've had my upgrade waiting to be used since February, but your lack of a 4G phone with a keyboard is holding me back.

Instead of sending me all these offers of low data rates and begging me to sign up for a data plan just release the phone everyone wants! Not sure how much longer I will wait...

0 Likes
IKnowSomething
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also started out with the first generation Motorola droid and although it had a keyboard, I personally thought the keyboard on it was horrible. Since it was so bad I kept it closed and only used the on screen keyboard. Then I went to a Droid Incredible, then a HTC Thunderbolt and most recently, The droid charge. Safe to say, I have never looked back`.

With that said I do understand that a percentage of people still prefer a physical keyboard but honestly that percentage of people is a small percentage of the 90 million customers that Verizon has. I'm sure VZW will eventually come out with a device with a keyboard but I would expect that as a business they are first investing in the devices that will bring in the highest amount of customers. Theres only 3 4g devices currently, you have to crawl before you walk. I would just say be paitent, Im sure its coming soon.

P.S.

If you like getting little hints and rumors about upcoming phones I would visit sites like BGR.COM or CNET.COM they usually announce carriers upcoming phones before the carriers themselves do.

0 Likes
ihatemyuserid

I am in the exact same boat as you. I find it hard to believe that they don't notice this glaring omission. Spr**t, A*&T, and T*-*obile all have 4G sliders, why does Verizon love to lag behind in phones? Yes, you have the best network, but if you don't have a phone to fit your customers needs-- you will lose them. I left them before because they had almost no phones with WiFi a long time ago and now it looks like I will be leaving again. Pathetic. 

0 Likes
renedrivers

As a person who bought the original Droid on launch day, my contract is up in November. All I want is a phone that has 4g, slide out keyboard, and a decent camera. Sprint has that phone and unless Verizon gets it's act together, I'll be jumping ship in November.

0 Likes
SamanthaStubbs

I agree completely. I've been with Verizon off and on for five years. I had a Blackberry until 2010, when I made a quick switch to T-Mobile for the 3g Slide. I loved the size and weight, and wanted to experience the Android platform. When I switched back to Verizon, I ended up with the Droid X. I thought I could handle not having a keyboard, but even with Swype, I find myself missing the accuracy and speed I had with the Blackberry Curve. I'll pay the money to cancel my contract one year early if by Q4 Verizon hasn't released a 4g phone with a keyboard.

Might I add: how do the people responding to this post know what percentage of the 90 million Verizon customers want a physical keyboard? Was there some poll I'm not aware of? Just because we continue dispiritedly buying candybar devices doesn't mean we're satisfied or a minority, thanks.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Why is this thread marked as "solved"?  There's still no Verizon 4G phone with a keyboard.  No way am I going to give up 1/3 (or more) of my screen to a keyboard.  I can't believe we're more than 6 months into Verizon's LTE rollout and they don't have a single 4G phone with a physical keyboard.  Yeah, it's going to be thicker.  Big deal.  People who need keyboards learned to accept that years ago.

0 Likes