Re: Pathetic lack of 4G phones with no physical keyboard
WhipArtist

I completely agree!

I bought an original Droid when it came out, and now it's time for an upgrade.  I really want a 4G phone with a physical keyboard.  A soft keyboard takes up too much screen real estate for my uses and it's much harder to type on.  (Try running an SSH session with a soft keyboard.  It's miserable!)

I switched to Verizon for the Droid.  I'd like to stay, but I really want a new phone that meets my current needs-- 4G and a physical keybaord. 

0 Likes
DrCheap

Good news!  The Samsung Stratosphere slider with qwerty keyboard, 4g radio, 2 cameras, 1ghz processor, etc., is supposed to be on market next week (Oct 6 to be exact).  Not officially confirmed but about as close as one can get.  Price speculated to be around 150 with contract, etc.

This is not a bleeding edge device, but I am hoping it will be a solid 4g performer.

Also expect a Droid 4 with keyboard and 4g sometime around summer of 2012 (but that is more rumor and speculation).

0 Likes
mbrowne

The Samsung Stratosphere looks really good so I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Here's another thought:

One way to solve this would be to have a case that includes a physical keypad...that way you're not dependent on whether or not the phone itself includes it. Plus the phone itself is lighter that way.

I didn't come up with this, but rather, just came across it - such a case already exists for the iPhone:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/e66e/

I think this is a brilliant idea. I don't know if a similar case exists for any Android phones, but it certainly seems like it would be a good idea...

0 Likes