Phone bounces 4G to 3G
KellyMW

for the past few weeks my phone has been bouncing back and forth between 4G and 3G. Now its staying at 3 G most of the time. its not only my phone but the other phone on my plan. How do I fix this? Zip is 79851

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone bounces 4G to 3G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyMW, you came to the right place and let's work on making sure your phone stays on 4G. I know how important it is to have reliable service when you need it the most. When did this issue start? Does serivice improve when you leave the area?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KellyMW

started about a week ago. it bounces around depending where i am in town. but the last couple of days i've seen that it stays at 3G. if i turn off/on my phone it will stay 4G for about 30 mins but then switches back to 3. i saw that someone else was having the same issue and turned off my phone and removed my sim card then put it back in. thought i worked but went back to 3 about an hr later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyMW,

Getting the very best signal is always important. Thank you very much for the details as they are a big help. What type of phone do you have? Is this mainly an issue inside or outside as well? Does the signal work better in other places?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KellyMW

i have a galaxy 3. it was at one point mostly inside but now its when im outside as well. the signal is the same no matter where im at now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyMW,

Let's get that phone back to working just like it should. Being able to count on blazing fast speeds is always our goal. Can you try turning the phone off, taking the SIM out, then putting the SIM back in and turning it back on? Does it find 4G after that?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
KellyMW

i have already tried doing that and stated so above in a previous comment. i searched the forum before starting a conversation in hopes that i could get help. the day i took it out it worked for a little while and went back to 3G. I have also tried turning off and on my phone. Again it helped the first few times but now just stays in 3G. it still bounces back and forth. yesterday was 4G for a good part of the day then reverted. Today it has not been on 4G at all.

0 Likes
Dee070878
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing this problem too. I've called Tech Coaches for several days now and they have walked me through nearly every step that I can imagine. My phone hasn't been on 4g service all day! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?!?! FIX IT NOW?!?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee070878, having stellar service is very important. I want to make sure that we're able to get that for you ASAP. I appreciate you working with our Tech Coaches on this matter. I would like to get some more details from you. What zip code are you in? How long has this been an issue? Also, what kind of device do you currently have? I hope to hear back from you soon.
KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
KellyMW

Im still having the same issue. and haven't heard from anyone in 4 days. guess im sol.. i have been a verizon customer for several years and have never had any issues. customer service has always been remarkable when i had questions. im very disappointed in the way they have handled this.

0 Likes