Re: Phone says I have 2-3 bars of 4G, but I have little to NO service.
RyeGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

It improves when you leave the building, approximately 60 feet to the door.  It started about 2 months ago.  Myself and some other employees work right against the outside wall also.  Calls and texting work normally.  Just seems like data.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Looking into your area in more depth and taking into account the information you provided, the issue would point to congestion in your area. Congestion is not an indication that there is something wrong with the service or signal, but an issue with more than expected users connecting to the local tower.

This would cause an issue with data services, while not affecting other services like texting and calls. Also, since you stated this is happening at a select building location, it would be best to use Wi-Fi there or have that building management team reach out to us for indoor solutions. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

calvinjm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same!

We left Verizon and went to AT&T, then we were coaxed to come back to Verizon after they “upgraded our area”—a bunch of lies. It’s getting worse by the day and they don’t even care!

Instead, they send this:

“Free Verizon Msg: The review of your reported service issue is complete. Please click the link to see more details. http://www.vzw.com/signal”

oh, okay.

0 Likes
calvinjm
Enthusiast - Level 2

On average, I use 1-4 GBs of my “Premium 50 GB of 4G LTE” and I experience the exact same issue... so what’s the excuse here?

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes