Re: Poor 3G/4G coverage in my neighborhood 93109
xpnomore

I live on the Santa Barbara Mesa, west of Meigs Road. We have 3 bars of 3G in the home, then finally 3 or 4 months ago, finally got a 4G signal of 2 bars but it was great for several months. Now all of a sudden 4G is gone and 3G is back. No 4G at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xpnomore lets get things moving! Your area is surrounded by our extended 4G coverage which will cause the signal to fluctuate. However lets make sure your device is connected to the strongest signal possible. What phone make/model do you have?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbinsb
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are also on the mesa west of Meigs and reporting the same issues.  My wife opened a ticket with Verizon last month for our actual address and the 4G problems, they said they would look into and let her know.  My wife had to drive down the street just to call Verizon so the call would not get dropped. They responded to the ticket after several weeks and marked it as "fixed".  Sadly nothing has changed so I don't understand what was "fixed".  We do not get 4G at our house yet we pay for the service and are in the extended 4G coverage area.  We rarely get 3G and mostly we have trouble getting any service in our house at all.   

0 Likes
xpnomore

Again we did not have 4G until around February 2014 when it showed up with 2 bars, in the home with a stable constant signal, on our iPad 4G and iPhone 5, we enjoyed 4G for about 3 months and then no 4G at all, inside or outside the home.

I had a DSL outage the first week in May 2014 and used the iPad with 4G, inside the home, we had bad DSL the month of May and finally no DSL the last week in May 2014 and discovered we had lost 4G, inside and outside the home.

DSL is back up after we received a new modem but 4G does not register.

Gary

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have consistent 4G performance in as many locations as possible jbinsb. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. When did these difficulties begin? You are also in the 93109 zip? How is your service outside your home or neighborhood? Structures such as your home or workplace can interfere with signal penetration.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbinsb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jonathan,

I'm the original poster of this thread and you have asked me these same questions previously and I answered them.  I feel like we are going in circles but nothing is being done to address the actual issue.  Since no structures have changed in our neighborhood that is not an explanation for why the coverage has deteriorated.  Has a Verizon technician been to our neighborhood to analyze the issues?  I'll say it again, it has become worse in the last 4-5 months. Verizon has changed something or there is a Verizon equipment failure in our area.

Thanks,

-Jon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you'd be disappointed to stop getting the 4G service that had been available. In your area, we show extended 4G service. This means it may fluctuate between 3G and 4G, and at times 4G may not be available.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
jbinsb
Enthusiast - Level 2

That would be great if we could get 3G for starters.  Is anyone at Verizon reading this whole thread?  We have to leave our house and walk or drive down the street to call Verizon to report the problem because otherwise we will drop the call while waiting on hold.  Help us out here.  Improve the coverage in our area or fix what broke in the last 4-5 months.

0 Likes
xpnomore

Again, 4G was 24/7 for more than 2.5 months. It did not fluctuate. Solid stable usable signal.

I have been using cellphones since they were 5lb 3watt battery packs.

Either a antenna in the array was tweaked one degree and it affected another area and changed back or the power was boosted and it caused problems with another carrier,

or handshaking with the Elings Park site, but we did have a non-fluctuating signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xpnomore,

Thanks for the info. Have we submitted a ticket to have our technician review this concern in further detail? This may help if the issue is indoors only http://vz.to/IHRT6h

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes