Poor 4G LTE service in Kennett Square, PA
13R4D

When I bought the (then) new iPhone 5 last year I was told that 4G coverage would be coming to Kennett Square by this year (2013). Well, it's nearly October and not once have I seen my phone switch to 4G service. What's more, there are many areas where the signal drops to 1x and text messages (forget about iMessages) take 5 minutes to send. 3G is common enough around here but I didn't pay more for a 4G LTE phone so that I could use the same network my old phone used. Kennett Square, PA and Longwood Gardens are popular tourist destinations in this part of the country and it's ridiculous and frustrating that Verizon has overlooked upgrading its services in the area. Especially when their employees promised top-of-the-line months ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor 4G LTE service in Kennett Square, PA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that signal issues are no fun 13R4D, especially with such an awesome device. We are doing our very best to update all areas with 4g/Lte but it can take time. I'm sorry a representative promised that your area would be updated but we can not promise an area will have 4g/Lte until the update has occurred because there is so much involved with updating and adding towers to an area. I looked up Kennett Square & Longwood Gardens
PA and show 4g along with some extended areas which may be in the process of having full 4G/Lte but again can not be promised will have an update soon. Are you signal issues inside or outside? I want you to reconnect to our towers with this step http://vz.to/1fTfQ7C . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
13R4D

I live in Kennett Square and am frequently in the Longwood area. I don't get 4G coverage anywhere? Inside, outside, nothing. I'm less than a mile from Longwood Gardens and the local Verizon store as I type this and have 3 bars of signal and am only getting 1x digital service.<br/>I'll try reconnecting using the link you gave me but my hopes are not high. I've been a Verizon wireless customer for over ten years now and am only growing increasingly disappointed. Please pass on my encouragement to improve service to whomever needs it. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
13R4D

As a follow up, that link you sent me does no good whatsoever. I clicked around to say I am having issues with signal strength and the response I got was to move to a different area and make sure my antenna is fully extended. Whose phone has an antenna nowadays?! And what help is the suggestion to move to another area?? I can see the towers right now!<br/><br/><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information 13R4D! We want to make sure that we do all we can to get your 4G service working properly. I would like to do a deep dive on this issue for you. May I ask for you to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2/3 sentence summary of the issue so we can proceed?

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BlueYoshi

In my town tewksbury Massachusetts I'm always experiencing poor 4G and  most poor / useless 3G I have new droid maxx and because of the service it dies so fast I switched from AT&amp;T to verizon for razr maxx hd and now droid maxx but ever since I got verizon iv always regretted it cuz AT&amp;T in my town 3-5 bars and now that I have verizon mostly 1-2 bars 4G and lose 4G and get 1-2 bars of 3G and so slow and times where's it's almost completely useless in my school I can barely connect to 3G :'(

0 Likes