Poor Cellular Coverage for iPhone in Manhasset, NY
ChrisNYC276

I recently upgraded to the iphone 6 and I find that the same problem is happening to this phone, as with my prior phone (iphone 5). I get very low cellular coverage. Even with wifi on, I often find I get emails and texts much quicker on my work phone, which is on AT&T. This is very frustrating, since I'm paying a great deal of money each month for my data plan and I end up using my At&T work phone when I kept my personal phone account for a reason.

Any ideas on how this can be improved? My husband said some people can call Verizon for a "booster" what is this?

Thanks

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Cellular Coverage for iPhone in Manhasset, NY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having coverage issues with your new iPhone 6 ChrisNYC276. We are here to help with your service concerns. What is your zipcode? Are issues inside or outside? Are issues at work or at home?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ChrisNYC276

Hi Kinquana,

My home zip is 11030 - this seems to happen only when I'm at home (in the long island area of New York). In Manhattan (e.g., 10017), I seem to get coverage fine on both phones.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
ChrisNYC276

Hello,

I have not yet heard back on this item, but wanted to provide an update. I just noticed that the poor coverage is EVERYWHERE. Not just at home (zip: 11030) but on the streets / on the train.

The only time my email and text updates seems to be when I'm at the office, using WiFi and even then, it's very delayed (from what I'm seeing on my AT&T iphone 6).

Could you please advise.

Thank you

Chris

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info ChrisNYC276.

Thank you… Allow us to look deeper into this. May I ask are you having issues with voice and data services? Also, what iOS and carrier version do you have installed on your iPhone 6? Keep in mind that there was a recent upgrade available to iOS 8.1.2.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ChrisNYC276

Carrier is: Verizon 18.0. Version is 8.1.1 (12B436)

I think my issues are with both data and cell (b/c when I'm not using wifi and on cellular, I have the same difficulty with not getting updated text or emails.

I just tried to check for a software update and the "circle"/waiting icon was spinning for several minutes before it said, "Unable to check for Update" and told me to "try again" or "cancel" - I've "tried again" three times, with no success. I'm currently using the office wifi and my cellular is "on" - cannot explain why this is happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ChrisNYC276!

Thanks for the details! When an issue occurs in several locations in most cases it is a device issue versus a network issue. Have you attempted to reset your network settings?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes