Re: Poor coverage - where to report to Verizon?
mje1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issue.  I had an iphone 5 that had to be replaced last week.  It stopped working for no apparent reason last week- possibly the battery- possibly some other reason.

Prior to replacement -I had no issues with reception at my home (zipcode 48393).  Following receipt of the replacement phone I have had constant problems with reception.  Every phone call that I am on the person on the other line states that they cannot hear me and that the line is very staticy.  When I check the phone I have 2 bars- occassionally 3 out of 6.  I have always had all bars at my home before.

I have shut down and restarted the phone - there is no change.  My husband - who also has an iphone 5 is having no problems with reception in our home.

What's going on here?  Can someone help me please?

mje1964 (Wixom, Michigan- zipcode 48393)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us about your service issues mje1964. I know its frustrating to have problems using your device but we are here to help. What phone do you have? I show good service in your area. Have we performed any trouble-shooting via phone or at the store? We can also file a trouble -ticket to have our technicians review the area for problems. You can send us a private message here or via Facebook or Twitter. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

mje1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kinquana-

Thank you for your response. I don't know how to send you a private message here- this is the first time I have used these message boards.  I am not on Twitter and I don't think that I have "Liked" you on FB.  Maybe I should do that.  Frustration brought me to this forum.

I have a brand new (I assume I was given a brand new and not a rebuilt) iphone 5.  I  have had it for 1 week now. My SIM card from my dead phone was moved over and then my data that I back up regularly to the cloud was loaded onto this one.

Yes, we have good service in our area- which is why this makes no sense.  Never had a problem before - but I do now...

I will go onto FB and send the same message with my name and contact information.  Hopefully I will "Like" the right FB page.

Thanks!  mje1964

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How To: Direct Message  and KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
stevea58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see no answer to the question  "Poor coverage - where to report to Verizon?".

How can a company as big as Verizon not have an official method of reporting problem areas?

I see references to following on twitter and this is just not an acceptable method.

MtEagle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same problem, I have had Verizon for a little over one year.. I simply cannot get good signal inside my house..and I am just below a tower!  I had AT&T prior to this and had no signal problems.

I don't agree that I have to purchase a $250.00 booster to resolve the problem when I had strong signal with AT&T.

My husband's contract is due to expire in about a month with AT&T and he was going to join us on Verizon..but now with the reception issues I think he is going to stay with AT&T.  My contract with Verizon doesn't end until Dec 2015..but I think I will go back to AT&T at that point. 

Thank you for nothing.

bHbZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to hijack your thread.  I'm having problems with signal strength that impacts both voice and data.  I've already tried cycling LTE on/off and have resorted to turning it off completely to get 2 of 5 bars to make a call.  Even then, callers complain of choppy sentences/voice.  Here is the relevant information:

Where are you located (zip code)? 90292

Which device do you have? iPhone 6

What specific issues are you experiencing? Weak signal (LTE and 3G)

When did the problem begin? Consistent for the area

Major Intersection of area; Maxella Ave and Glencoe Ave

Thanks for your time.

B33
Legend

If you haven't tried this. Try pulling the Sim for about 10 min. shut down the Device before pulling the Sim.!  if this does not work see about getting a new Sim the Sim Card)  The Sim is what helps the phone get the 4 Signal it also helps keep the P.R.L. updated this is your Preferred Roaming List..

bHbZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion. Haven't updated a PRL since my old work-issued BlackBerry.

Removed the SIM from the iPhone 6 and still have a poor signal in the area mentioned above. Hoping Verizon Wireless will see this thread/post and do something on their end. We have over 8 wireless devices with them and would hate to switch carriers because of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be heartbroken if we were to lose you so we will strive to offer you the best possible experience, bHbZ. Does this primarily happen indoors? Are all 8 devices struggling with reception? Does the performance vary during different times of day?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes