Poor data Service
Bigespecv
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does Verizon throttle data speeds at certain times? Or do they cap your daily usage? I stream music at work everyday and have no issues with buffering, but it seems that every day around the same time I can't play a single song or load a web page. It gets pretty annoying as I pay for unlimited data and yet struggle to get through one song without stopping to buffer every teen seconds, even when I set audio quality to low. I never used to have this problem. Seems like Verizons service is starting to not be with the premium they charge for it.

Re: Poor data Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the service you need, we can review your plan details and confirm the services available. Do you know which unlimited plan do you have?

~Pam

0 Likes
Bigespecv
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not about the service I need, it's the service I pay for. It's just getting worse and worse. I've stuck with Verizon since I got my first cell phone 15 years ago because they had the most reliable network, but it feels like that's just not the case anymore. Not within the past year or two anyways. I can't tell you what plan I have because the app tells me I don't have any connectivity when I try to view my plan. But I can tell you I pay almost $100 a month for what feels like dial up connection speeds.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bigespecv ,

It's great to know that you've been with us for such a long time. I'm sure you would also recall that we've always come out with new data plans with better options to choose from every so often. Our current unlimited data plans do show the differences between them, so it is important to know what your data plan is since that can affect your usage experience. You would have a data connection to contact us here, so please retry your online access again. 

-Russell

Bigespecv
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to load my Verizon account though the web browser at a painstakingly slow load time because the app times out. But it appears I have "The new Verizon Plan Single Smartphone Unlimited" which states i have unlimited data and may experience slow downs during heavy traffic AFTER I exceed 22GB of usage. However, I don't think I have ever exceeded that threshold. So I should have the same speeds I used to experience, unless Verizon is purposely throttling me despite my allowance to try and push me into a newer plan that I don't want, or need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigespecv, 

We want to get to the bottom of your speed issues once and for all. I assure you we are not trying to push anything on you. Do you notice a pattern to your slower speeds? Is this only at the home address or certain times?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Bigespecv
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's mostly when I'm at work. It started to only be in the afternoon, but now it seems it's all the time in this general area. My speed at home isnt great either but I believe that's due to the topography of where I live. But I have WiFi at home so it's not as much of an issue as while I'm at work where my service used to be great.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming. This is never the experience that we want you to have. What is your ZIP Code? Do you know if other users have the same trouble in the area? ~Roger

0 Likes
Bigespecv
Enthusiast - Level 3

My direct coworkers have different providers so I do not know if anyone else with Verizon has this issue. The zip code is 15642

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigespecv, thank you for providing your Zip Code. Currently, there are no issues in the area. Are the issues only happening when you are at work? How is your service when you step outside your work location? 

-Jacob

0 Likes