Probelm updating SIM Card
cb_radcliffe

I am away at college and we just recently went from 1X to 3G. I have a LG Revolution and I can't dial *228 to update raoming and get the 3G, like my friends phones are using, since Verizon is only service offered here. Do I need a new SIM Card and if so where can I order one? thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Probelm updating SIM Card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cb_radcliffe wrote:

I am away at college and we just recently went from 1X to 3G. I have a LG Revolution and I can't dial *228 to update raoming and get the 3G, like my friends phones are using, since Verizon is only service offered here. Do I need a new SIM Card and if so where can I order one? thanks

No, you don't need a new SIM card. The card is updated when you boot up the phone. I would suggest turning the phone off. Take the battery and SIM card out for five minutes. Put everything back together and boot up to the phone. I know that the PRL will update through the boot up process. My Tbolt has had its PRL update several times since I purchased the phone in April.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Goldchamp

You can call tech support and they will two day you one or you can go to a Verizon store and get one. You cannot *228 a 4g phone all that is done through the sim card. Take note tho if you go to a Verizon "authorized reseller" they will usually charge you for a sim card.

OH! Yes you do need a new sim card :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

cb_radcliffe wrote:

No, you don't need a new SIM card. The card is updated when you boot up the phone. I would suggest turning the phone off. Take the battery and SIM card out for five minutes. Put everything back together and boot up to the phone. I know that the PRL will update through the boot up process. My Tbolt has had its PRL update several times since I purchased the phone in April.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes