Recent degradation of signal.
Satyrborn63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed (it's hard not to) a severe degradation of service over the past few months in the area close to my home (28715). I have confirmed this with neighbors and see on this and other forums similar issues in other locations. Is Verizon attempting to force customers to purchase Network Extenders? Is this Verizon's data traffic management strategy - force customers to use their own internet service for data instead of Verizon's?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recent degradation of signal.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always dedicated to offering you the best possible service where you need it most, Satryborn63! Please tell me more about what you have been experiencing with the service. Does this only happen when in your home or another building?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Satyrborn63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced this within my home and outside in the general neighborhood. I have also confirmed with two other Verizon users in the neighborhood that they also are experiencing a degradation of signal strength.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get a little more info Satyrborn63! Are you having issues with voice service, or with data? What make & model phone do you have? Current zip code?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tylerw1285
Contributor - Level 1

Don't  waste the Money on an extender. There working on a wide plan that temp causes signal degradation along with distance.  Wrote blog about it with signal proof and was deleted and warned lol

0 Likes
Satyrborn63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal strength degradation that has been experienced by myself and my neighbors - so at least 5 different phones. Have you not read the posts? (see above for the zip, as well).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details Satyrborn63. I checked the zip code, 4G LTE coverage looks good at first sight. However, the area is close to our 4G LTE extended coverage; this can cause the signal fluctuation you've noticed. Are your neighbors having problems inside? Please clarofy since this was not included in repvious message. How far do you have to be from your home area to see service improve?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes